Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ac_freeman

Taxi Rank in Cherbourg?

Question

Hi,

I will be travelling to Cherbourg next week ( will be Irish Ferries on Oscar Wilde ) and will have just a few hours in Cherbourg - as there are no "left luggage" facilities I usually take a book and just hang around in the terminal. This time I would like to go into town and have dinner, but with my bag in tow I would like to get a taxi back to the terminal - on my last BF day trip to Cherbourg it started bucketing down with rain and I could not find a taxi anywhere....got drenched walking to the terminal - does anybody know a taxi rank in the town please?

6 answers to this question

Well there will definitely be one near the station but I would have thought the simplest option is to ask the restaurant to call one for you at the same time as you pay your bill.  Ed.  

Posted (edited)

I'll message my mate who runs a taxi service in and around Cherbourg.  Fluent English spoken, will ask him for some numbers, or he may be able to do it.  He is the guy who drives me around.

Edit - just messaged him, will let you know if he can provide any numbers.

Edited by Khaines

Thank you both - I did not think about the obvious Ed ie. asking the restaurant to call :) I will happily call your mate though Khaines if you get the number.

He has messaged me back - but he is in Italy for two weeks.  Oh well, I tried, he would have done it as well!  

59 minutes ago, Khaines said:

He has messaged me back - but he is in Italy for two weeks.  Oh well, I tried, he would have done it as well!  

Not to worry, thanks very much for trying........nice of you.

No probs, I need to collar him anyway to go to Crisbeque so I now know to give it a couple of weeks.  He does tours around the D Day beaches and stuff