James21072000

2018 Schedules & Prices - Now Available

On 8/21/2017 at 14:15, Trev said:

I just think Club Voyage members are spoilt. £70 to renew a French membership is very little, in my view, considering the savings.

Sometimes travelling just once a year (albeit at peak times) saves more than the £70 membership fee and the £70 join cost.

Right now, almost a year in advance, the cost for 2 adults, 2 children, standard car on overnight crossings Portsmouth to Caen out on 30th July 2018 return 14th August 2018 costs £592.00 with a 4-berth inside cabin both ways. Quite a standard, average sort of booking, nothing big or fancy apart form peak season. For a CV member this costs £467.80 which is £124.20 less. Almost got their money back straight away and if they take a larger vehicle they will most certainly get their money back and that is without taking into account £32.40 worth of breakfast allowance for 4 people each way.

People should of course save money when they are Club Voyage members and loyalty should be rewarded - I just do not think it should be quite so much.

BF have had over three grand out of me in the last year for my nearly weekly commute.  Even with Club Voyage discount its sometimes borderline whether the whole trip(Ferry + drive) would be cheaper be doing done Newhaven-Dieppe.  If BF were to start burgering about with the club voyage pricing I'd certainly think twice about what routes to take.

• Like 1

It's a bit like the Brexit argument isn't it.

How does being in the EU make your life worse that you want to screw it up for people who are dependent on the benefits EU membership brings?

Well it doesn't make my life worse I should just think we should be out of it for blah blah reason.  etc etc.

How does other people being members of Club Voyage make your life worse that you want to screw it up for people who are dependent on the benefits CV membership brings them?

Well it doesn't make my life worse I should just think they should be forced to pay more.

Maybe people just need to butt out and let other people get on with their lives.

• Like 4

Exciting news Pont Avon fans , BF have snuck in a Plymouth St Malo crossing for November 2018 with a very leisurely arrival time of 10:10.   I'd be tempted to do it...

Outbound
Route:Plymouth to St Malo
Departure:Thur 1 Nov 2018 20:45
Arrival:Fri 2 Nov 2018 08:15
Now arrives: Fri 2 Nov 2018 10:10
Vessel:PONT AVEN
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Andy said:

Adverse weather forecast is effecting some Barfleur sailings: 

Not affecting the Plymouth sailings for once! :o