James21072000

2018 Schedules & Prices

Question

I was hoping if anyone had any idea when the 2018 prices will be released.

Many Thanks

19 answers to this question

Next years schedules will be released in 6 weeks according to a tweet today. 

Customer service staff will give you a firm date. 

July it says in the latest Voyage magazine.

It's been July for the past 5 years we've been travelling.  Last year it was 7th July, which was earlier than usual.

That pushes it into August which is quite late compared to usual. If DFDS get theirs out first for the Christmas period they might well get my custom again too. Ed 

Does anyone know the dates of sailings Portsmouth to Bilbao last January. I know it's a long shot, but I'm hoping to go this year, and need to book my accommodation quickly, so thought I might be able to book round the same time 

Posted (edited)

595e5d12ec9a0_1617PortsmouthtoBilbaoferrytimetable-BrittanyFerries.thumb.jpg.8583fe4d0214cb6d8cc228ee37281e1c.jpg

Edited by auchmill
1 person likes this

I am not sure if you can book them yet , I received an Email this morning saying 2018 timetable and prices will be available at the end of July

Ferry prices only. The holiday prices, including the hotel, gites etc, usually are at the end of October. However, if one books the ferry over the phone as soon as the ferry times are published you can advise of the hotel that you would like and make an adjustment to the booking later. We have done this several times to ensure that we get the hotel, with secure parking for the Classic, we want. 

Posted (edited)

I've just heard through the grapevine that it's not looking encouraging for Saint-Malo and especially Roscoff this winter....>:(

I won't steal BF's thunder, watch this space

Chris

Edited by Fine Whine
Hit the send button too soon!

34 minutes ago, Fine Whine said:

I've just heard through the grapevine that it's not looking encouraging for Saint-Malo and especially Roscoff this winter....>:(

I won't steal BF's thunder, watch this space

Chris

We have talked about this before Chris haven't we.... Roscoff always get culled at that time of year, but for some reason recently they still see it necessary to run from Poole daily... for all of the 13 vehicles crammed onboard :/

We have hf_uk, but it would appear the cull is more severe this year.

But then I fully understand the reasons why; it makes no financial sense to run empty ferries and with revenue down due to the poor exchange rate it's a no brainer.

I'm afraid that those who think starting up new routes or competing with existing ones will suddenly bring customers out of the woodwork don't understand the bigger picture. As I've said before anybody can fill a ferry during the popular months, but if there are not enough people prepared to travel for the other 40 weeks of the year, whether that be freight or car passenegers then something will eventually give.

Chris 

1 hour ago, Fine Whine said:

But then I fully understand the reasons why; it makes no financial sense to run empty ferries and with revenue down due to the poor exchange rate it's a no brainer.

I'm afraid that those who think starting up new routes or competing with existing ones will suddenly bring customers out of the woodwork don't understand the bigger picture. As I've said before anybody can fill a ferry during the popular months, but if there are not enough people prepared to travel for the other 40 weeks of the year, whether that be freight or car passenegers then something will eventually give.

Chris 

I agree Chris. Unless an operator literally buys a 'barge' and just herds on people in the open air like cattle (or Top-gear Africa style) for £50 a pop, I don't think any new operators ships would fill.

On the other point - those of us who do travel will have to take the opportunity to stock the back of the car up VERY high each time they make a trip now, won't they :)

15 hours ago, Fine Whine said:

Chris 

Last year on the day I came back to France (23rd December) there were two sailings available to St Malo with Bretagne in the morning and PA in the evening which I took. I estimated at the time that it was about 2/3 full so they might not need to keep both vessels on the line this year. I need to book something as soon as the timetable are released but at the moment I'm tempted to go via DFDS at Dieppe simply due to the price and good departure times. The DFDS booking engine is not yet accepting reservations for the period but will do so soon hopefully. The only alternative could be BF with one of their repositioning sailings (Armorique from Portsmouth to Cherbourg or similar) which I able to use a couple of years ago. Ed. 

Well just heard there will he no Christmas/New year cruises this year.

No reason given on why.

For those interested DFDS (Newhaven-Dieppe) have just put their Christmas and New Year sailings on sale. I have already booked my crossing to guarantee a place on board: €118 for a car and four passengers (2 adults and 2 children) return. It puts the £305 I paid as a foot passenger via St Malo-Portsmouth last year into perspective. Ed

What's the betting that BF's schedules (Dec-on) will be out on Monday?

Call centre suggested end of the week to me...

Their Twitter guys said mid-week a couple of days ago.  Today they say "this week".  Website says "Late July".  Live Chat today says:

"There is no specific day for those however we are expecting them to be released within the next week/ early august"

Take your pick.