Andy

New Premier Inn

15 posts in this topic

I would stay there it sounds a nice location.

It's a great location for visiting Portsmouth, Gosport and the IoW as well as waystops for BF trips. Right opposite the Warrior.I hope they put in sufficient parking though as there isn't much room there.

We usually stay at one of the P Inns at Port Solent so it would be great to go to one located near the Historic Dockyard.

Agreed, good location. That end of Portsmouth (the area around the Hard in general) is in need of regeneration. 

They have just opened the new bus station which is a vast improvement on the previous edifice.

They don't view parking as a priority in a lot of Premier inns I know the Edinburgh ones have none or very very few spaces.

There is a multi storey a few yards away.

1 person likes this

That is interesting as we travel in a 52 year old Classic which I would not leave in a multi-storey. We will, however, keep it in mind and keep an eye out for reports.

2 hours ago, neilcvx said:

They don't view parking as a priority in a lot of Premier inns I know the Edinburgh ones have none or very very few spaces.

Neil, have you seen the price of parking at the Inverness Premier Inn on the River Ness? £10 plus if you fancy a drive around later, it's another tenner! Never again, we booked Tomnahurich Bridge this year.

Is this Portsmouth's first proper Premier Inn, i know there's one on the front at Southsea and there's another out beyond the Tesco's. I can't think of another which would specifically attract those wishing to visit the city centre?

there is a new one by Portsmouth and Southsea station - doubt that one has much parking either

There are two near the Tesco at Port Solent. One is next to the Harvester pub and the other, about 200yds away, is a conversion of a modern hotel that was acquired from another company. Both have good free parking.

Posted (edited)

I am going next week and am staying at the one in Bedhampton/Havant, only about 10mins from the city with a nice Beefeater next door and plentiful parking. Good views out across the harbour too

Edited by Jamesy25

7 hours ago, Jamesy25 said:

I am going next week and am staying at the one in Bedhampton/Havant, only about 10mins from the city with a nice Beefeater next door and plentiful parking. Good views out across the harbour too

I stayed there a few years ago. The rooms were as standard. The beefeater was a good one, all food was cooked well.

Whilst we are on the subject, there is a new Premier Inn being built in the old Derry building in Plymouth - clearly directly in competition with the Travel lode opposite. It looks like it will be quite big, with a Brewers Fayre attached... not sure when it's opening, but Plymouth doesn't really have what I would call a decent Premier Inn at the moment. That one near the barbican is a bit small and ropey. I think the remainder of that building where the new one is will be used for more student flats.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor