Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Khaines

Pelican stays for 2 more years in Poole

4 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Khaines said:

Not sure if this is covered anywhere else on the forum, but saw this in the Echo this morning.  Pelican has been given a further 2 years in Poole.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/15414651.Room_for_100_trailers_and_155_metres_long__the_freight_ship_staying_in_Poole_for_two_more_years/

That's good. Show that she must be washing her face, at least, in terms of revenue for BF then.

Probably means Cotentin will not be making and appearance under BF colours for a white too then. So that takes us to the magical 2019... I wonder if they will bin her then, and shuffle things around with the Honfleur coming, BDS on the way out and maybe bring back Cotentin?!

I guess at the very least this gives them options.  They can keep the route going in the immediate future, and then when 2019 comes round they can take stock of the options in light of post-2016 traffic patterns.  At that point they may choose to recall Cotentin from charter, or transfer Etretat after the entry into service of Honfleur, or retain Pelican, or abandon the Poole route depending on how they perceive demand going forward.

On 17/07/2017 at 14:48, Gareth said:

I guess at the very least this gives them options.  They can keep the route going in the immediate future, and then when 2019 comes round they can take stock of the options in light of post-2016 traffic patterns.  At that point they may choose to recall Cotentin from charter, or transfer Etretat after the entry into service of Honfleur, or retain Pelican, or abandon the Poole route depending on how they perceive demand going forward.

Also note the newbuild expected from Stena due for delivery in 2020.  She is around 3,000 lane metres so substantially bigger than the roughly 2,000 of the Baie de Seine.