Jump to content
veryoldbear

HMS Queen Elizabeth

Recommended Posts

With that imagination you are wasted wherever you are. But you missed out HMS Warrior breaking adrift....

In the case of a temporary harbour blockage they would just park the carriers in Stokes Bay as the US Navy does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gareth   

Plus:  A ferry colliding with one of the QE transit lights is impossible because they are not in deep enough water.  And one of the forts becoming unstable has a 2 in 3 chance of it also mucking up access to Southampton.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Plus:  A ferry colliding with one of the QE transit lights is impossible because they are not in deep enough water.  And one of the forts becoming unstable has a 2 in 3 chance of it also mucking up access to Southampton.... 

I meant the forts on either side of the harbour entrance - Portsmouth and Gosport. Ed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gareth   
27 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

I meant the forts on either side of the harbour entrance - Portsmouth and Gosport. Ed

Ah yes, of course.  Those forts....! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jonno   

If one of the Palmerston Forts collapse doesn't it act like a giant plughole and drain the Solent?

That's what my dad told me when I was kid anyway...!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jonno said:

If one of the Palmerston Forts collapse doesn't it act like a giant plughole and drain the Solent?

That's what my dad told me when I was kid anyway...!

Would that have been in the sixties by any chance? It would explain a lot. ;). Ed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×