Gareth

SAILING UPDATES: 2018 Latest News

Yes I noticed that too.  One must assume that either northbound or southbound she will have to call at Cherbourg before or after her next visit to Portsmouth, to deal with the crew change that would have taken place in Le Havre.

Assuming she does, she will become the 4th BF ship in as many weeks to operate a sailing between Portsmouth and Cherbourg!

7 minutes ago, hf_uk said:

Cherbourg has become the DR port. Where is Cherbourg anyway?! ;-)

Just south of Poole! ;) Ed

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Too early to know definitively, but the course that BDS is shaping up to since rounding Ushant appears to be taking her directly to Portsmouth.

5 hours ago, Gareth said:

Too early to know definitively, but the course that BDS is shaping up to since rounding Ushant appears to be taking her directly to Portsmouth.

and still scheduled to depart Portsmouth on Saturday morning at 08:45.

7 hours ago, TonyMWeaver said:

and still scheduled to depart Portsmouth on Saturday morning at 08:45.

Yes, and with a scheduled arrival time that is not consistent with a call at Cherbourg on the way to Santander.  I wonder if they are shipping the new crew across to Portsmouth.

3 hours ago, Gareth said:

Yes, and with a scheduled arrival time that is not consistent with a call at Cherbourg on the way to Santander.  I wonder if they are shipping the new crew across to Portsmouth.

I believe they did the crew change before leaving Spain, it wouldn't be the 1st time. I have a friend who works in the shop on board.

7 hours ago, Gareth said:

I understand that this was the case this morning. Friends travelling over on the Armorique last night noted allot of extra crew coming onboard to join the BDS in Portsmouth.

Sad news;

Tomorrow 16th Jan Poole - Cherbourg 08:30 - Cancelled as is the return from Cherbourg 22:15.

Wednesday 17th Jan Poole - Cherbourg 08:30 - Cancelled as is the return from Cherbourg 22:15

Tonight Portsmouth - St Malo 20:15 will arrive in Cherbourg tomorrow morning (unknown arrival time)

Tomorrow 16th St Malo - Portsmouth 20:30 will depart Cherbourg at 22:15 (unknown arrival time)

Tomorrow 16th Portsmouth - Santander 08:45 - Cancelled as is the return from Santander on Wednesday 22:00

All weather related.:/

Edited by Trev
  • Sad 1

I have heard from someone who works on Barfleur that as far as he knows Barfy is sitting in Poole till Thursday.  Looking at the BF sailing updates on their webpage it says tomorrow is cancelled, nothing about Wednesday yet.

'Pont Aven' - This evening's 20:15 Portsmouth to St Malo sailing will now divert to Cherbourg - Tomorrow's 20:30 St Malo to Portsmouth sailing will now depart from Cherbourg at 22:15. Arrival times remain the same as scheduled.

'Barfleur' - Tomorrow's 08:30 Poole to Cherbourg sailing and 22:15 Cherbourg to Poole sailing have both been cancelled.

'Baie de Seine' - Tomorrow's 08:45 Portsmouth to Santander sailing and Wednesday's 22:00 Santander to Portsmouth sailing have both been cancelled.

'Cap Finistere' - Tomorrow's 10:30 Bilbao to Portsmouth sailing has now been cancelled. - This obviously cancels 11:45 Wednesday's Portsmouth to Bilbao also.

Edited by TonyMWeaver

5 hours ago, impreza280 said:

just wondering why BDS did 2 x 360 degree turns just off the coast of Brittany this afternoon according to marinetraffic?

Dropping off a pilot!

On 15/01/2018 at 11:24, Trev said:

Tomorrow 16th Portsmouth - Santander 08:45 - Cancelled as is the return from Santander on Wednesday 22:00

All weather related.:/

Baie de Seine has operated an extra Portsmouth/Le Havre sailing today:

10:30 Depart Portsmouth
17:30 Arrive Le Havre

22:00 Depart Le Havre
06:00 Arrive Portsmouth (17th) 

Barfleur is on her way out so she is sailing today.  Went for a beach stroll and took the advantage of a pic with the iPad.  Not sure how comfortable the crossing will be!

2186550D-A515-4119-A18D-BD5E6B169E8D.jpeg

On 17/01/2018 at 14:31, TonyMWeaver said:

'Normandie' still having problems with one of her Bow Thrusters, 1 hour late last night & this afternoon and again requires a tug for her entry into Portsmouth.

I've posted in the refits thread - but looks like she's off to have this fixed at dry-dock in March.