Sign in to follow this  
carog

Restaurant recommendations, Saint-Malo

Re: Restaurant recommendations, Saint-Malo

Yes the excellent La Licorne, 6 Place Chateaubriand, 35400 Saint-Malo. Spent a good 3 hours here one afternoon last December. Great food and service.

Some updates.

Le Clemenceau has closed.

The Yacht Club restaurant on the Quai du Bajoyer is now "La Base", mainly brochettes plus a dish of the day. Good so far.

L'Atterrage at the Sablons marina has changed hands and décor. Feeling there way in as to what people want (breakfast, sandwiches etc). Friendly.

Autour du Beurre is superb. Sister business to Jean-Yves Bordier's famous cheese shop next door.

Also in the rue de l'Orme, the new Comptoir Breizh Café is the same people as the excellent Breizh Café in Cancale with its brilliant Japanese restaurant above.

Local secret gem is Les Gallettes de St Malo in the Place de la Roullais at the top of St Servan high street. The BEST gallettes.

Off the beaten track, La Rance in Pleurtuit and La Gargotte in Plouer are super lunchtime stops.

1 hour ago, neilcvx said:

Just bumping this thread to make it current,be looking for a not too fancy lunch in a couple of weeks time.

If you want a quick burger (pink in the middle, of course!) then Knop & compagnie is brilliant. One of the best burgers I've ever had.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g187104-d3856363-r478328894-Knop_compagnie_Saint_Malo-Saint_Malo_Ille_et_Vilaine_Brittany.html

• Like 1

Lots of changes. Will try not to forget to write an update soon, perhaps at the end of the week when I am languishing in hospital after surgery on my back - spinal fusion from S1 to L3.