Jump to content

David Williams

BFE Members
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by David Williams

  1. 40 minutes ago, glossopdodge said:

    Hi everyone,

    We have a Club Voyage membership and have received a voucher for recommending friends at membership renewal this year.

    I'd like to apply the voucher to an existing booking but there seems to be only a button there to either apply a refund voucher. Does anyone know if that's the space where I should enter it? I've not clicked on that button yet in case it triggers a refund! I do intend to sail and just want to bring the cost down before the final balance is due.

    Thanks in advance for any replies.


    That is the correct place to add any voucher, you will get asked for your Credit Card afterwards for some reason. You can apply multiple vouchers as long as it is one at a time.


  2. 3 minutes ago, colinschandler said:

    Yes, sorry David, answered before you edited

    We are moving quicker than BF, I imagine that they are waiting until they switch off the phone lines before announcing it !

    PA seems to be 6th June as well.

    • Haha 1
  3. 6 minutes ago, Fine Whine said:

    it will be interesting to see what's announced next week,

    It looks like the English rules etc will be announced on Friday (delayed by a day due to the elections !), the initial allocation of Colours  may be announced then or may have to wait until next week. I have seen a number of reports that say that most of Europe should be Green by mid June !

    It will be interesting what happens in Scotland and Wales as they may or may not have functioning governments at the end of the week.

    We also need to see how the key European Countries react to the EU recommendations on allowing us in !

    • Like 1
  4. 45 minutes ago, Lofty said:

    We do have a booking traveling  back to U.K. from Santander in June (covid allowing)!

    I have been looking into the mechanics of preparing for the pre  covid tests 72 hours before booking in at Santander which is tight when traveling  up from Portugal and a sailing on a Monday as many covid testing places locally here is Portugal close on a Friday.

    Anyway, am I correct in my understanding that the covid tests on arrival in U.K. can be booked from the passenger locator forms found  on the brittany ferry website.

    Has nobody done this and have they any tips as to how to do it - I understand that the form has to be filled in no more than 48 hours before arriving in U.K. - we did fill the forms in last year in our car waiting in Santander at the ferry port  - however at that time there were no pre booking of covid tests to be done.

    Any advice or experiences would be welcome please 😊

    I think that it is best to wait until the UK announcements this week & also see the BF reaction. Some articles have mentioned the possibility of taking lateral flow tests on holiday with you, in addition some BF tweets have confirmed that they are looking at options of working with others to provide tests,

  5. 1 hour ago, Gareth said:

    Anyone taking a trip abroad must do so, for the time being, in full acceptance of this risk.

    It is also worth looking at the recommendations on the FCO site as they focus on safety within a  Country and ability to return from said Country - they are also used within the Insurance rules. 

  6. Colours will change over time, France seems to be improving now (https://covidtracker.fr/)

    We have a 3 week trip (on 2 flexi tickets) starting on the 30 June to Spain and returning on the 21 July from France. We will make the final decision on whether to go a couple of days before the holiday. I have also booked the same trip next year to give us total flexibility of options. I note that the UK will review the system on the 28 June which hopefully should lead to a simplification of the rules.



    • Like 1
  7. I don’t think we will hear about Green Countries until next week, we are likely to hear about the rules in more detail this week.

    Given that we are banned from Spain until June and France has some changes in early June, I would expect the restart to be moved by a couple of weeks at this stage.

  8. 35 minutes ago, wortley said:

    How many sittings will there be in the restaurant before the overflow is sent to sit at small tables in the tapas bar?

    Is dinner in La Flora on board Pont  Aven sounding ever more attractive?

    I seem to recall them mentioning 2 sittings (allocated at checkin) and that the tapas bar would be used at peak times.

    Will La Flora ever reopen ?

  9. 48 minutes ago, wortley said:

    Frankly...all the three sailings  to Caen have drawbacks from my point of view.

    Totally agree.

    First one is too early, especially with the extra 45 mins added to checkin

    Afternoon one gets in a bit late for comfort, however does have the 'free' day cabin and I often get this one as I only have 25 min to travel after Ouistreham

    Evening one gets in too early & I am shattered for the entire day - in the past I went overnight to Le Havre as it got in at a civilised time.

    The return trips have similar disadvantages, I try and get the 14:00 Wednesday crossing these days as the timing is more civilised.

    ps the best crossing for timing is the Tunnel.

  10. There is another snippet in this section which refers to it as dual fuelled.

    In April 2020, FSG entered into self-administration and a trustee was appointed for managing the estate and if possible, financially restructure FSG for going concern. Siem Europe had provided funding to FSG for the construction of a dual fuelled LNG Ropax vessel at the yard and formed part of the creditor committee established as a result of the self-administration. In August 2020, Siem Europe reached a settlement agreement with the trustee of the estate of FSG. As part of the agreement a wholly owned subsidiary of Siem Europe took title over the hull of the LNG Ropax vessel

    The report can be downloaded from https://www.siemindustries.com/reports-2/

  11. Given that the Honfleur thread is locked, I will use this one, please move if desired.

    The latest Siem report includes

    In addition, the Company owns the RoPax vessel “Honfleur” which was transferred from FSG Shipyard in Germany as part of the settlement of the Company’s historic involvement with the yard. Honfleur is being completed at a shipyard in Norway and is expected to be delivered in the third quarter this year. The intention is to sell the vessel or charter it out long-term. There appears to be good demand for vessels of the Honfleur’s specification.


    • Thanks 3
  12. 1 hour ago, Gareth said:

    Seems to me that this is the worst possible outcome in practice - no reason in principle for BF not to start up the sailings, so they won’t be cancelled, and so the decision about whether to cancel or not will rest with the traveller.  (And therefore will be subject to the standard T&Cs).

    Not easy for anyone, I guess that next week will be the latest that BF will announce cancellations, however whilst England should confirm this week that travel will be legal in mid May and the rules, they are unlikely to confirm which Countries are in which bands for another week.

    I imagine that once travel is legal for all, BF will enforce the timings and charges for amendments.

    • Like 1
  13. 17 minutes ago, Chef said:

    The EU will be introducing what they are calling a Covid 19 Certificate for travel between EU/EEA member countries and are in discussions with the US and several other countries to allow for travel between their countries on the basis that the are all using the same approved vaccines , the one country that is not in discussion with the EU in relation to a travel certificate is the UK .

    Fortunately who they let in on health grounds is a decision for individual Countries and not the EU !

    • Like 3
  14. 42 minutes ago, straightfeed said:

    I'm told its all changed as we've now left the EU

    It has, we now need the 'Green Card' again  , however that can last as long as the policy if  you are insured abroad without having to notify them in advance of trips.  I just asked for one online after the last renewal. Note that trailers will need a separate Green Card. I have LV= as well as that has always been good at foreign cover.

    • Sad 1
  15. Just now, straightfeed said:

    The car insurance GREEN CARD is back.

    Car insurance company tells me I must apply for a green card for each trip to France. Give at least 21 days notice!  Can issue an "emergency " card if I leave less than 21 days.
    When will I be coming back? When I want says I. "we need a date" say them.


    I suggest that on renewal you get a different insurance company. We just get an annual green card on white paper from our one so don’t get the hassle !

    • Like 2
  • Create New...