I had given the BFE site a winter holiday, but as we are just about to take our first 2017 trip is this Sunday night I decided to come back to the fold. (we go back Friday Chris so will see you at least a couple of visits!)
What do I find? a "Hate" Armorique post, but i guess it helps take the heat off of Barfleur.
When we first met Armorique on her maiden voyage - with a free glass of champers courtesy BF! we obviously found her different from what had gone before..
We have however grown to like or even love her on well over 100 crossings since.
She was after all only the second BF ship specifically designed for a route - Ply-Rosc and she serves the route well, Bretagne having been built for Ply-Spain.
Rather than list her shortcomings, I prefer to list her positives:
1. Easy loading and unloading.
2. Enough seats in the public areas for everyone
3. Excellent quiet cabins.
4. A quiet/reading room with its very comfortable new seats, with minimal through traffic and free from unruly school parties (from either side of the channel!)
5. An excellent choice of self service food options and you can choose to have your main and desert served at table. It is not chips with everything, it is just when you ask for Steak, the chef automaticaliy assumes the default UK choice " How do you want it, medium or well done? with chips? - Try "Blue with dauphinoise and ratatouille" you will bring a smile to a poor French chel's face.
6. But last and most importantly, and I don't think I've seen it mentioned before- In our opinion the best seakeeper in the fleet.
I guess she is always going to be a bit like Marmite! But then let's face it, she a 6 hour cross channel car ferry, if you want fine dining in your tuxedo go Cunard.