Jump to content

La Pirouaie

BFE Members
  • Content Count

    43
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About La Pirouaie

  • Rank
    BFE Member
  • Birthday 05/08/1958

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Thank you Ed. Unfortunately a night in Jersey is not really feasible since we are travelling with our two dogs, we also need to be at home in France first thing Thursday morning as we have family arriving. I’ve checked the Bretagne but there are no overnight cabins available, next best alternative is Plymouth to Roscoff but at this late stage it’s at least £70 more expensive than the Condor crossing (even with our BF discount) It seems unfair that we should lose out financially, in addition to the inconvenience factor, as a result of a Condor problem. I’ll have a look at our holiday insurance to see whether they can help.
  2. Anyone else is the same situation? We’re booked to travel Poole to St Malo via Jersey next week but unfortunately the Liberation is out of action. Passengers to the Channel Islands have been transferred to Commodore Clipper but unfortunately the new timings mean that she won’t make the connection with the Rapide in Jersey for onward travel to St Malo. Under similar circumstances in the past Condor have transferred us to Brittany Ferries but it would appear that it’s not an option this time, the call centre suggested that we should stay the night on Jersey and travel to St Malo the following day! I’m pretty sure that there’s an EU regulation that means they should transport us to our final destination as soon as possible? Can anyone point me in the right direction please?
  3. Thank you for all the suggestions, hopefully the problem has been resolved.
  4. Posting this appeal from a Facebook page just in case anyone could help this lady, hope this is allowed. If anyone could help, please reply to me and I’ll pass on your details. Help needed please! Is anyone coming into Roscoff from Plymouth this week? We very urgently need someone to bring our dog passports over which were inadvertently packed in luggage that went back to the uk last week. We are supposed to be on the ferry back to the uk tomorrow & unless we get the green light from the port authorities in Roscoff that they will accept email copies, we are stuck here until the passports arrive. 99% of our belongings are in the uk & everything else has been sold so it will be a strange Christmas if we're still here. We can arrange for a friend to meet somewhere between Bristol & Plymouth to hand over the papers. If anyone can help we would be very very grateful.
  5. I can think of just one bench - on the right just before the entrance to the bar, usually occupied by the time we board!
  6. Forgive me if I've missed something, but what about my poor dogs in the car trying to sleep through the crossing? We do sometimes leave the car unlocked, which I believe is noted by the crew - we have been asked by customs on docking whether we locked the vehicle during the crossing!
  7. We live in central Brittany and although there were queues for fuel last week the situation appears to have eased. Whilst shopping in St Méen le Grand on Friday there were no queues at the supermarket fuel station although the limit of 20€ euros was still in place - and motorists were told to go back again for another 20€ if they needed more! Yesterday there were no queues and no limit at the supermarket in Merdrignac, although the price per litre has increased from 1,13€ to 1,17€
  8. Hi Olly Is the voucher now sold?
  9. Just boarded the Liberation and looking forward to breakfast.
  10. Nick - may I ask which fb page you're looking at please? We've been transferred to tomorrow's sailing and Condor have not answered my questions today about whether the Liberation has passed the inspection, they simply refer me to the sailing updates page on the web site. Travel to the port means an 02:30 start tomorrow morning, I won't be happy if the Liberation doesn't sail!
  11. We were originally booked to travel on the Liberation 07:30 Poole to St Malo tomorrow (Fri 18th), luckily we heard about the situation on a Radio 2 news bulletin yesterday afternoon but we've had no direct contact from Condor. I'm still waiting for a call/text/email to confirm our options! Having travelled on the Liberation several times, I do like her and hope that her problems can be sorted so that she's back in service asap.
  12. Interesting juggling of their ships for BF. We are booked Portsmouth to St Malo on the Pont Aven on Friday night
  13. We had a delicious meal at The Dock prior to travelling Plymouth to St Malo on Sunday 4th Jan. Wonderful home made beef and stilton pie and old school chicken Kiev. We will certainly return when we travel from Plymouth again.
  14. Thanks auchmill. I tweeted BF yesterday and they 'anticipate some fairly rough weather with 5m wave height' We have decided to change the crossing and travel on Sunday morning, BF customer sevice was excellent as usual and waived the amendment fee for me. Fingers crossed that the storms have blown through by then and we'll have happy dogs (and a clean car).
  15. Thanks to everyone for their comments, I appreciate that it's very difficult to predict the conditions at this stage. I will keep an eye on the web sites suggested by Colin and Magicseaweed as suggested by rileyman (that one looks quite scary!) Fingers crossed that the storm will not be as bad as predicted.
×
×
  • Create New...