Sign in to follow this  
kingsiwel

Red Falcon off to Falmouth

Just thought that you some of you may interested to know that the Red Falcon will be heading off to Falmouth for part of her refit this year. She will be having a few modifications done to her (unsure as to what exactly).

From what I hear she is going down on the 1st of November and spending two weeks down there.

Was very impressed with her new lounge area, very nice. Be nice to pop over when she comes back and take a gander!!

Bring back those lovely cream scones - was looking for those, very indulgent, not exactly part of my diet now, but such is life, treat the crossings as part of a day out so the diet goes out of the window...😊

Bring back those lovely cream scones - was looking for those, very indulgent, not exactly part of my diet now, but such is life, treat the crossings as part of a day out so the diet goes out of the window...😊

We still do them on the Osprey and Eagle, I would've thought that they still did them on the Falcon. They're normally in a Steam outlet, perhaps they had sold out already.

Interesting to hear, where's the Osprey (or rather the Red-E-Osprey as I had a few weeks ago) having her refit?

I believe it will be Southampton, on our usual lay up berth (25 berth) or the Williams Shipping one opposite (think it's 36 or 31 berth, not been over there in a while). Both Osprey and Eagle will be dry docking for a few days in Pompey as well.

Falcon is in refit for November, Eagle in December and Osprey January until Easter time ish.

I believe it will be Southampton, on our usual lay up berth (25 berth) or the Williams Shipping one opposite (think it's 36 or 31 berth, not been over there in a while). Both Osprey and Eagle will be dry docking for a few days in Pompey as well.

Falcon is in refit for November, Eagle in December and Osprey January until Easter time ish.

Righto, thanks.

Yep, if it's not 25 it's normally 31 outside on the Itchen.

The Wiiliams Shipping berths are 20/21 and as you know are in the Empress Dock.

Whittaker Tankers use berths 22/23.

Berths 24/25 with the link span often used by Red Funnel.

Berths 26/27 is used by the Oceangraphic centre for there survey vessels such as the Discovery.

Edited by Andy
editing quote tags

falmouth docks has changed focus taking a niche market in smaller vessels and timing it to have 3 small vessels in dry dock 3 at a time. Apparently more money in 3 small vessels that fit the dock together than one big vessel

Stena Lagan is also in falmouth at the moment