The Ferry Man

CONDOR FERRIES: Condor Liberation

Pretty sure my waterjet vid went through, deleted for any reason, sure I checked it went through. Pics of Liberation, hopefully not got anyone in the pics who would rather not be in them, if so apologies, admin can remove!!

Your waterjet video did go through (and it's very good) but it's in the St Helen thread ;)

O fiddlesticks, thought it had been deleted - goodness knows how I managed to put it on the wrong thread. Mind I do put my own Facebook timeline posts on others pages thinking I'm on my own page.

Other two vids, managed to do three, these two quite short.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...ideo_processed

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=613413288792980&set=vb.100003729447433&type=2&theater&notif_t=video_processed

Edited by Khaines
Added links to vids.

Purely hypothetical but wondered if BF had got their mitts on the Lib wonder what route she would have been put on, my guess is Le Havre or high speed to St Malo. Just random thoughts last night as was lying awake and not being able to sleep. Guess she would not have been gracing Poole - not good for Barfleur, that!!!

I was wondering while on board on Thursday what James would make of her, couldn't help but wonder, did spare a thought for him while enjoying myself! All the negative attitude towards this ship elsewhere that I've seen - mainly because she isn't an Incat, well Austal supply the US Navy with combat HSC ships similar to her so they must be a pretty good shipbuilder. The negativity is a bit misplaced in my opinion, give her a chance.

Edited by Khaines

Her first sailing on Friday morning - leaves Poole 09.30 - will pop over to Sandbanks, luckily there is a 50 bus from Bournemouth at 8, fantastic, saves me paying £12 or thereabouts for a cab!! Not sure which side be on, decide then. Hope she gives us a toot, if we give her a good turnout!!!

Her first sailing on Friday morning - leaves Poole 09.30 - will pop over to Sandbanks, luckily there is a 50 bus from Bournemouth at 8, fantastic, saves me paying £12 or thereabouts for a cab!! Not sure which side be on, decide then. Hope she gives us a toot, if we give her a good turnout!!!

Might take a look my self if not raining!

Might take a look my self if not raining!

think the weather will be iffy - can hide in the Haven cafe if so and pop out to see her off and the get back home. Not nicecfor being on Studland in rain - did that with NEX, not good for cameras either!!

She's doing harbour trials so poss why? They have on their Facebook page she is. Going to see her off tomorrow and then finding my way to Poole to make a booking, my first Condor one and first Channel Islands visit. I won't chook out, got to remember the mindset I had when taking first trip on Barf!!!

Similar to trip I went on she was slower going out and around, but on the way back she went high speed. No difference in how it feels onboard to her doing 10kts or nearly 40. Very stable craft. Would like to experience her in rougher weather/seas just to see if she is the same then. Hope so as the womens toilet cubicles are quite small and I'm quite round, bit of a wedge, don't really want to spend entire crossing in there!!😄😄

Edited by Khaines

From the Haven this morning. Bramble Bush Bay was on the Haven side, she doesn't have to give way then does she on the Studland side. Got a cab round Poole afterwards, and went round the port to book. Mission accomplished!!! Now sat im Maccys for the wifi!!

• Like 1

Condor Liberation is canceled due to rough weather on Sunday! I wonder what her wave height operation limit is - never been confirmed what is. Might be only the same as the cats.

Just seen a story on BBC Jersey saying she is yet to have a higher operating limit than the cats. They hope to get an increase after testing this summer! I thought this was sorted already.

Has anyone else noticed that the new condor vessel has only made 29-30 knots on her first operational sailing? She is over two hours late on her first sailing which doesn't bode well

See they are - the usual suspects - moaning about cancellations on facebook when it is a normal weather cancellation!! Of course it is the new boat isn't it, must be, got to have a few little digs haven't they. Cats would have been cancelled too in these conditions, but seems to me for some it is just an excuse to moan about the new ship being in Poole and not Weymouth. Same names always crop up!!

Edited by Khaines

A few from Studland this morning...
Nice pics!! I should have taken mine from that side but I found out yesterday that the Bramble Bush Bay doesn't seem to have to wait on the Studland side, like she has to for Barfleur. So she got in the way, could only really see the Liberation properly as she came out from behind. Plenty of occasions to take pics in the future though!!

Surely the big point here is that this craft was continualy sold by Condor as being able to operate in higher wave heights than the cat. I live in Guernsey and have followed the launch of this new craft it very closely. Now we find out there the MSC have not yet given permission for higher wave height operation and may or may not increase this. Even if they do increase the limit from 3.5 metres - how much more will it be to? The HSS only managed 4 metres. They are proposing to operate this craft on a near daily basis in the winter and when the Commodore Clipper is eventually replaced I'm pretty sure they are hoping it will be by a pure ro-ro and all pax will go on this craft.