The Ferry Man

CONDOR FERRIES: Condor Liberation

Anybody know when Express is being withdrawn and her last sailing is? Vitesse doesn't appear in the timetable after 27/03/15? Was hoping to go on one or both for the last time.

Well Express is up for sale on lager yachts for 13M USD. Pretty sure its Express by build date. Had a look on Incats site. Welcome the 102 but not sure what will happen if she breaks down.....little bit all eggs in one basket. Dont get me wrong I am a fan of Condor but cant help feeling this is a business rationalisation.

I always said that if Wightlink cut it to 3 vessels of larger design on Ports-Fish as if in Winter 1 breaks down and 1 on refit then you down to Uno ferry. Risk assessments must be taken into account and a back up plan otherwise business madness as we all know these vessels do have break down issues and are perhaps a bit more highly strung than standard vessels. To lose 2/3 of your fleet and say its winter and the other is being maintained..zero vessels.......everyone on Shipper.

I was only just thinking about Euroferries this morning after a morning check on marinetraffic. Maybe Condor should invite them to her launch party, justvto rub it in....😊

They're running a competition to name her. Would like to see her go through the Suez canal, trying to find a good webcam think there are a few around there. Wonder when she is likely to get there?

• Like 1

Thanks! My info wasn't entirely correct due to a bit of research - can"t remember where I saw it, silly me, but she was actually built originally for a company, think in the Baltics who couldn't come up with the money for something to do with her, therefore this is why she sat there for the time she did, until Euroferries got their, ummm, ooops, tried to get their mitts on her. Unless there were other companies sniffing round her in between?

Bit late in the day to add that in the Echo story though.

I'm still mightily miffed, to use a polite expression, that although she is a lovely boat and I am looking forward to seeing her, the enjoyment is muted for me,as said above in a previous post because I personally feel someone should be still part of it all who isn't. Half of me wants to take a trip on her because have been looking forward to her coming over here for a long time, have thought for several years she would be THE boat for Condor. But on the other side of the coin, certain events over the year have overshadowed her eventual purchase/move to Poole, and while I am extremely happy and wish Condor the best of luck with her, there is a bit of apprehension on my part. Don't wish to dwell on things in public, but just want to post that I am in two minds about my possible trips. I would LIKE a trip on her and probably will in the end. Do hope the new name suits whatever they decide.

Edited by Khaines

Thanks! My info wasn't entirely correct due to a bit of research - can"t remember where I saw it, silly me, but she was actually built originally for a company, think in the Baltics who couldn't come up with the money for something to do with her, therefore this is why she sat there for the time she did, until Euroferries got their, ummm, ooops, tried to get their mitts on her. Unless there were other companies sniffing round her in between?

Bit late in the day to add that in the Echo story though.

Khaines

I thought that Austal Hull 270 was built just to keep the yard busy back in 2009.

No, from what I remember she was built for someone who couldn't come up with completion funds or something. I only found this out poking around on the Net a short while back - before I just thought she was a concept design or something. Seems someone before Euroferries messed about as well. Can't remember where I saw it, though, didn't save the page. It was some shipping page.

Edited by Khaines
  • Like 1

Khaines

I thought that Austal Hull 270 was built just to keep the yard busy back in 2009.

Yep that is my understanding also. Before Condor she was only ever owned by Austal. Has Euroferries ever had any credibility...?

She was apparently built to order, but then not completed. Maybe Condor could confirm/ deny this, been hunting around for how I found out but cleared my history a long time since so needle in a haystack job. Somewhere on the public domain, don't think it is commercially sensitive stuff!!!