The Ferry Man

CONDOR FERRIES: Condor Liberation

I'm still mightily miffed, to use a polite expression, that although she is a lovely boat and I am looking forward to seeing her, the enjoyment is muted for me,as said above in a previous post because I personally feel someone should be still part of it all who isn't. Half of me wants to take a trip on her because have been looking forward to her coming over here for a long time, have thought for several years she would be THE boat for Condor. But on the other side of the coin, certain events over the year have overshadowed her eventual purchase/move to Poole, and while I am extremely happy and wish Condor the best of luck with her, there is a bit of apprehension on my part. Don't wish to dwell on things in public, but just want to post that I am in two minds about my possible trips. I would LIKE a trip on her and probably will in the end. Do hope the new name suits whatever they decide.

You may think differently if you check out his CV. He has done a lot of jobs in a lot of different industries and his stay of 18 months at Condor was about an average duration of stay.

She was apparently built to order, but then not completed. Maybe Condor could confirm/ deny this, been hunting around for how I found out but cleared my history a long time since so needle in a haystack job. Somewhere on the public domain, don't think it is commercially sensitive stuff!!!

Not built to order according to Austal "Because the vessel was being built on speculation, the design of the vessel’s interior and vehicle deck has been pitched at a level that permits the eventual owner to easily modify the vessel to suit their particular market". (see link below).

http://www.austal.com/en/media/media-releases/10-05-10/Next-Generation-102m-Trimaran.aspx

She was built on Spec. Hoping to get FOSA interested as they have the lager version. Greek interest was the first cab off the rank but she failed to meet speed requirements and was rejected. Modifications were carried out to control surfaces and the like and she went back onto the open market. There were a few interested parties but then CF came along and the rest is history, as they say. It will be an interesting season as with only three engines in the centre hull and requiring two bow thrusters to assist in manouvering the Jersey tug will get a good work out in a breeze of wind. At CF have had the good sense to fit bridge wings so at least they can see what they will hit.

Where is she now - blinkin marine traffic still has her in Djibouti, not got the satellite option and for those who have she has moved on I think, so on her way to the Suez!!

She still arriving on Boxing Day in Southampton? Just remembering a post somewhere, either here or Facebook. Crew will spend Christmas day on board?

Edited by Khaines

Two of the Condor craft, reportedly Vitesse and Rapide, have been sold to Sea Jets in Greece where they'll be Champion Jet I and Champion Jet 2.

Where on board would the Crew sleep as no cabins on her?

have they build something on her for trip home so that Crew can sleep on beds?

shame they will be spending Christmas Day at sea but hope Condor have given them Christmas food so make there day special.

There would be temporary accommodation onboard for the delivery trip, either in the lounge or on the car deck. When Wightlinks W's came back from Croatia they had ports cabin type units on the car deck, very comfortable too as well.

Showing destination as Poole!! Could have been like that for a while - just not noticed, took it for granted her destinations would be her various stop offs on her way, but nice to see anyway!!!

Estimated journey seems to be about 5 days, but I suppose there will be further stops. I remember doing Malta to Southampton in 1961 on the troopship MV Devonshire. It took about a week, with just a stop for 2 hours (or so it seemed!) in Gibraltar.

Two of the Condor craft, reportedly Vitesse and Rapide, have been sold to Sea Jets in Greece where they'll be Champion Jet I and Champion Jet 2.

Rapide has just arrived back in Weymouth from Falmouth, still in full Condor colours, surprised they spent the extra money on the paint job if they have been sold, lot cheaper to paint it just white.

Rapide will be staying on - it is just the Vitesse and Express that are going within the year. Rapide be around for a few more years, she has a lot less mileage, so she won't be going anywhere for a while, so the info is slightly incorrect.

Rapide will be staying on - it is just the Vitesse and Express that are going within the year. Rapide be around for a few more years, she has a lot less mileage, so she won't be going anywhere for a while, so the info is slightly incorrect.

That makes sense then, she was Speed One and prior to that on charter to the Aussie Navy I think.

Could well be - the info is based on local reports in Greece and I doubt they know which is which.

The first of the craft has appeared on Seajets' home page. The plan apparently is for the first of them to replace the Master Jet (the ex-Snaefell/SeaCat Isle of Man):

http://www.seajets.gr/htm/Fleet

Yes, she was with the Aussie Navy, apparently not used very much. She is probably in a lot better nick and has a few more years life in her than her sisters.