The Ferry Man

CONDOR FERRIES: Condor Liberation

Rapide is a lot more reliable than the other cats, Patrick, she is relatively problem free, if it was her - yes - the other two, no, especially the Vitesse, she seems to be beset with techies. Rapide has a lot less mileage on her and has had a cushy little number over there so her 'health' should be better than that of her sisters.

Strangely Rapide is the one that has churned up Poole Harbour the least. BIG clue there.

I wonder if the National Trust will wibble about the 102 with regard to Brownsea. I know the cats make the earth vibrate, I have stood on the island and felt the ground rumble when they go past. She will have to pass the island at a slow speed anyway as per normal, but just wonder if she will cause bigger vibrations.

Have they got an open day planned? Might swing the pessimists and be good to see the engine room, would not be able to do that during a crossing. Would like a gander at her engine room. Bridge looks like NEx's looks tiny apart from the wings, a smaller cockpit.

I've checked with Condor customer services and they are not aware of any plans for an open day. It's perhaps a missed opportunity as it doesn't look like the sailing schedule has any free time later in the year for an event.

I would have thought with all the stuff surrounding her arrival that they may have wanted to have some kind of public day. The days with the Express on the Quay have always been very successful, so would have thought tnere is a window of opportunity with her before she starts her schedule.

I like it. I commented on the FB page that I reckon she will still be called the 102 by a lot as this is what people are used to calling her, for a while anyway!! Quite a nice name though all in all

There is a lot of quibbling on FB as to only islanders getting to name her. Wonder if that would have been the case if our friend here was still in charge..

What an interesting name, certainly not one I would have thought about. I like the new logo, will this be put onto the side of Liberation and Clipper / Goodwill?

Anyone noticed a size difference in her to the cats from Barfleur's decks. She definitely looks it. Wondering if her and NEX be in port together at any time...

When Condor say the Liberation is more reliable they supposedly mean it will have 90% less weather related cancellations than the cats. The trimaran concept is meant to be the end of most fast ferry weather related cancellations. Yet to be seen whether the MCA have approved her operation in higher wave heights than the current 3.5 metres for fast craft.

The name "Liberation" you may find has come from Liberation Square which is in the port of St Helier, Jersey, and where the Islanders where freed from the occupation of WWII.

In memory of the war I feel that it's a good name and wish her well.

They are meant to be starting painting her Monday, hopefully going to get some decent pics of her from Barf before they start. Without those ugly ribbons!!

Do you mean this? http://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2015/02/06/a-new-look-for-condor-for-both-the-staff-and-its-ship/

From a branding point of view, it's far cleaner than the look on the cats now which look more like party streamers than ribbons.

Aesthetically, I think it makes the craft look really long.

"Holiday and leisure outlook"... has the James Fulford stamp all over that!

I just reckon the ribbons would better flowing towards the rear - think that would give an even bigger impression of length. If Mr F had still been boss he would have got a good henpecking on here about them, haha.... (I do a good line in henpecking.....)

Edited by Khaines