Sign in to follow this  
Jim

New Look for Cap Finistere (with Scrubbers)

BF have been kind enough to share with us a drawing of Cap Finistere's new funnel arrangement once scrubber fitting is complete.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n243015[/ATTACH]

Looking at the threat title I thought that the CF was going to get a total revamp look for a moment.

Thanks for sharing.

The CF is a nice ship overall with a nice chilled atmosphere onboard. But apart from regulatory change to the funnel, BF really need to do

something about that cafe / bar on the top deck with the metal seating. The bolted-to-the-deck metal seating positions the CF as a "ferry" and not a cruise-ferry.

It will be interesting to see. Assuming that the work is done in the style of Normandie though the old funnel was effectively removed to make way for the new. There wouldn't be much practicality in going through the extra expense of adding wings back on.

Also notice that the stripes surrounding the logo on the funnel have gone (and on the photos posted on Twitter of the Normandie thus far can't seem them having been reapplied).

I'm sorry, but I really don't think this suits her.

Will this mean all ships will get new funnels? Might they give MSM / Barf one new big one rather than keeping their existing twin funnels?

Will this mean all ships will get new funnels? Might they give MSM / Barf one new big one rather than keeping their existing twin funnels?

Can the swear filter be turned off if this happens.... Sacrilege!!! Barf already neonless, from her DFDS days!!

No!

Assuming that between Barf and MSM all four funnels are functional then surely all 4 would need to be rebuilt to accommodate scrubbers.

I'm sorry, but I really don't think this suits her.

Remember Sness the alternative is a B....y great box, I know which I prefer.

• Like 1

Barfy and MSM will retain their funnels due to plant configuration. I'm expecting to see them wider and longer at deck level.

Regarding Twin funnel scrubbers, a picture I found of the Selandia Seaways...ShipSpotting.comhttp://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/...hp?lid=2108059So maybe the MSM/Barfleurs Scrubber could do the same, though thats a lot of outside deck to lose
>
</pre>
<table>ShipSpotting.com© Dan Earl</table>

Wow, I hope this doesn't happen, as you say this is a lot of outside space to lose and to be replaced with, well a great big box. Edited by sness

Barf would have looked like that had she stayed with DFDS, had they purchased her, lucky escape, can't imagine anything done to her would look as bad as that.... Ugly as a duck - to avoid the swear filter!!!

DFDS should be thoroughly ashamed of what they have done to the Optima Seaways, it is truly hideous and I simply do not believe that a more aesthetically pleasing solution could not have been found. At least the Newcastle-based ships seem to have been spared anything like this, presumably because of their age; presumably they will be running on low-sulphur fuel now?

DFDS should be thoroughly ashamed of what they have done to the Optima Seaways, it is truly hideous and I simply do not believe that a more aesthetically pleasing solution could not have been found. At least the Newcastle-based ships seem to have been spared anything like this, presumably because of their age; presumably they will be running on low-sulphur fuel now?

Not to mention that it surely must be effectively acting as a wind-break as well?

wow!! DFDS looks horrible.

Normandie refit is 100 time nicer

As per shipyards engineers conversation it was hard to work on Normandie due to lack of space. Cap refit seems to be easier. Hope they have time enough to refit top/outside bar

As per shipyards engineers conversation it was hard to work on Normandie due to lack of space. Cap refit seems to be easier. Hope they have time enough to refit top/outside bar

Yes and let's hope the end result does not spoil her looks too much, as currently she is a very handsome looking ship...I'm sure BF are well aware of this ;)

BF rely a lot on the aesthetics of their boats, the resulting appearances of the conversions will not make any of the vessels anywhere near as ugly as what DFDS have done, BF take a pride in the appearance of the fleet. Pretty sure the Cap will have a few grumps from people when we see her after being 'done' and I'm pretty sure Barf's new appearance will be glared at when it is her turn, but they will, whatever, look better than if they had been DFDS ships with those monstrosities.

I think the Cap will actually take longer than Normandie!