Sign in to follow this  
Andy

BAIE DE SEINE: Charter of 'Sirena Seaways' for Le Havre and Bilbao

Interestingly, if you play around with the booking system, the three things which are pretty much consistently sold out on the Spain routes are a. economy sailings; b. pet-friendly cabins; c. Commodore or equivalent accommodation. There is clearly a market for all budgets and BF are capitalizing on this. Good on them I say! I wouldn't be surprised to see further expansion on the Biscay routes (Spain; Ireland; even the Bordeaux area)...

Hmmmm... You would have thought it would look smarter to have the same shade though....?

Must admit that it looks odd. May be they ran out of paint

I was in Le Havre, today to see BDS, I would say about 5 artics in each lane will be open to the sea's on the top deck.

I would say BDS is much shorter then P&O,s old Pride of Portsmouth and Bilbao, as BDS is not as far back on the beath nor is she useing the far off tie point which P & O had to useI have attached 2 photos

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n247670[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n247671[/ATTACH]

More photos on Facebook.

I think she is in the order of 20-40m longer than both those ships if memory serves correct. I shall miss her on the Esbjerg route but it's good to see her in use and looking so smart in her new livery (can't see the two tone effect myself).

They were nowhere near. BDS is over 40 metres longer than the P&O Olau Prides. Since their day additional (at least 2 I think) mooring posts have been installed at Le Havre to cope with Norman Voyager / Etretat.

I think they should have drawn big red teeth on her bow, like American fighter aircraft during the war, and then she would have looked like the friendly Swordfish from Donkey Kong Country!

(at least it would have given people a smile when they saw her coming!)

Edited by hf_uk

I think they should have drawn big red teeth on her bow, like American fighter aircraft during the war, and then she would have looked like the friendly Swordfish from Donkey Kong Country!

(at least it would have given people a smile when they saw her coming!)

I suspect the closest you'll get is Moby Lines ;)

Have just had another message on twitter from BF, she will be added to the tracker when in Cherbourg so they can make the connection and do other technical work on the bridge

Now done - BDS is on the tracker. Good research sness.

Off topic but I couldn't find a thread to post this on --- Does anyone know why DFDS Patria Seaways is enroute to Esbjerg. She has been doing odd routes recently, so maybe its a debut between ESB and IMG, and possibly the chance of taking limited ammounts of passengers.

Well she's been doing refit cover in the Baltic lately. Maybe DFDS are going to put her on the Immingham route for a bit?

Off topic but I couldn't find a thread to post this on --- Does anyone know why DFDS Patria Seaways is enroute to Esbjerg. She has been doing odd routes recently, so maybe its a debut between ESB and IMG, and possibly the chance of taking limited ammounts of passengers.

I like your thinking on this, but DFDS have previously said that they will not take any passengers on this route. Perhaps one of the Ark vessels is doing some military work?

Still, it does seem a bit odd that they would use this ship rather than a pure freighter, assuming of course that she is going to Esbjerg for this reason.