BAIE DE SEINE: Charter of 'Sirena Seaways' for Le Havre and Bilbao

Andy

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes but Bretagne has been available for the last few weeks so would have about 6 weeks to cover Barfleur. As for trucks, how many go over at the moment, better 39 than 0 on NEX

According to Brittany Ferries, it is not financially viable to bring Bretagne out early. Plus she will have to go to Cherbourg 1st to be restocked! They probably would do if it was urgent!

Isn't Bretagne's draught too much? I think I remember seeing somewhere that the maximum draught to safely get into Poole is that of Barfleur?

Bretagne is fine for Poole, since dredging a few years ago.

I'm pretty sure LD lines ship had a deeper draught that was operating last year.

Yes but Bretagne has been available for the last few weeks so would have about 6 weeks to cover Barfleur. As for trucks, how many go over at the moment, better 39 than 0 on NEX

More capacity elsewhere when St Malo and Roscoff are both back to daily sailings and Le Havre is running again.

Bretagne is fine for Poole, since dredging a few years ago.

I'm pretty sure LD lines ship had a deeper draught that was operating last year.

Poole used to be dredged to 6m which was fine for Barfleur and Bretagne, now the maintained depth is 7.5m. Norman Asturias is 6.1m draught.

I wonder if the added Spanish route is to offset the loss of St Naz-Gijon? The route from Rosslare with the ten hour stopover was popular with the Irish drivers. It also makes one wonder why LD pulled out of Poole.

J’ai le plaisir de vous informer que l’Administration des Affaires Maritimes vient de répondre favorablement à notre demande de certificat de nom.

Le navire SIRENA SEAWAYS que nous prendrons prochainement en affrètement sera exploité par BRITTANY FERRIES sous le nom « BAIE DE SEINE ».

Google translation

I have the pleasure of informing you that the Administration of Maritime Business has just answered favourably our request of certificate of name.

The ship SIRENA SEAWAYS which we shall take in chartering shortly will be exploited by BRITTANY FERRYBOATS under the name « BERRY OF SEINE ».

The old Commodore Class was accessed near the stairs and lift using your room pass card and the cabins were off that passage way with the lounge itself being right at the end. I would guess there's not much else you could do with the lounge apart from downgrade the level of service that DFDS were using to match the economie plus class. It would still be a nice place to be though..

The old Commodore Class was accessed near the stairs and lift using your room pass card and the cabins were off that passage way with the lounge itself being right at the end.
Sounds like the Val... happy days! :rolleyes:

(Of course there was nothing economie about the Val!)

Well done Google!!!

"Bay of Seine" - That's where Le Havre is.

The Baie de Seine was described to me as the zone between Barfleur and Fecamp , Its where the best Coquille St Jaques in the world are to be found (So I am told) So on that basis Ouistreham is also in the Baie de Seine.

Great Name as it is Brittany Ferries Cash Cow!

The Baie de Seine was described to me as the zone between Barfleur and Fecamp , Its where the best Coquille St Jaques in the world are to be found (So I am told) So on that basis Ouistreham is also in the Baie de Seine.

Great Name as it is Brittany Ferries Cash Cow!

Us Bretons would argue that the best Coquilles St Jacques are from the Baie of St-Brieuc.

Economie Plus is not the same as Club!?

The cabins in question seem to be exclusively accessible via the lounge, so it would seem that without major changes BF will have to use it.

That remains to be seen, carpet,TV and coffee maybe.

Haven't there been attempts, perhaps ongoing, by the government of Paris to brand Le Havre it's seaport ?

Well it is already called "Paris (Le Havre)" on cruise ship itineraries. Just like "London (Southampton)", "Berlin (Rostock)" and "Rome (Civitaveccia)" - none are within walking distance!

Archived