BAIE DE SEINE: Charter of 'Sirena Seaways' for Le Havre and Bilbao

Andy

Looks strange

If you try to book Portsmouth Bilbao on November both Sunday and Tuesday departures are available although only return possible is scheduled on Wednesday…

On ship’s schedules we find same situation

Anyone one knows next Cap Finistere deployment? Might be November usual technical stop?

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks strange

If you try to book Portsmouth Bilbao on November both Sunday and Tuesday departures are available although only return possible is scheduled on Wednesday

On ships schedules we find same situation

Anyone one knows next Cap Finistere deployment? Might be November usual technical stop?

The current schedule only goes up to the 3rd or 4th November.

Can never see the point of Port of Registry, they never have been there half the time. Just GB would do like cars.

With cars registration numberes the dealer deals with a local dvla office (marlow and high Wycombe) deal with reading, at the moment the new regs for March 2015 are coming through as rx, rk or ry.

Neilcvx. After I had sent The message I wondered if that sort of booking might be the case. I looked, although not very closely, at where one might book the better cabin but did not see where to do it. Sight as well as memory must be going !!!

I think she will prove very popular.

Having travelled on both ships, I would suggest that overall she is of a higher standard than Etretat. Ok, her catering will be just as limited but I tend to stick to fish & chips in the self service anyway.

I'm looking forward to seeing what BF have done to her as I think her 'Plus' cabins maybe a similar standard to Cap's 'Club' offering. My illustrative booking showed a saving of £186.40 which would easily cover the cost of fuel travelling to Portsmouth and our onward journey.

She'll do for me!

Neilcvx. After I had sent The message I wondered if that sort of booking might be the case. I looked, although not very closely, at where one might book the better cabin but did not see where to do it. Sight as well as memory must be going !!!

It ex in the customary gold box at the bottom under "premium "

• 2 weeks later...
I would like to know if the Baie de Seine could carry foot passengers on the line Le Havre - Portsmouth ?

I think she is like CF in that she doesn't carry foot passengers (unless you call them up) as I looked at a quote for foot passenger and it said 'please call' but when changed to a car it will let you do it

I think she is like CF in that she doesn't carry foot passengers (unless you call them up) as I looked at a quote for foot passenger and it said 'please call' but when changed to a car it will let you do it

Be slightly annoying if so, especially as the Etretat has the same stern ramp loadings, but was quite happy to accept footies :/

Fingers crossed they will

Be slightly annoying if so, especially as the Etretat has the same stern ramp loadings, but was quite happy to accept footies :/

Fingers crossed they will

I to have just looked this up and found that Etretat, is taking on footties but Baie de Seine, say's "Please Call" which I to don't understand as her doors look the same as Etretat.

Why can they not use the foot passanger walk way ??

I assume, its mainly because of Le Havre, where the passenger gangway is right at the stern like at Dover - it connects right into the terminal too - footies get coached off the ferry at Le Havre to a connection, where you then subsequently walk up stairs to this walkway! I guess a specific ship design would be required to suitablly use it, not sure if the Etretat could be modfied, seeing as there is the passenger walkway that leads to the stern

I've just done a dummy booking for the Baie de Seine, return sailing from Portsmouth to Le Havre as a foot passenger without any problems . There was no 'Please Call', the booking will go straight through!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n245964[/ATTACH]

I've been doing a bit of digging to try to find out when Sirena Seaways is due to be handed over to BF for (presumably) dry docking and repainting. Not sure if a date for that has been reported yet, and I haven't been able to find one. What is known, though, is that Sirena Seaways is currently covering for refits of ships on DFDS's Karlshamn - Klaipeda route and that the latest refit on that route (Regina Seaways) only went into drydock at Gdansk this morning. So that presumably means we are still looking at several weeks at least before the handover to BF. I assume that once that happens Sirena Seaways will herself go and spend some time at the shipyard at Gdansk before emerging as Baie de Seine. (Can't think of anywhere else that would make sense).

Archived