Sign in to follow this  
Khaines

Barfleur's turn for scrubbers

Thanks guys - be helpful. Want to spend a good amount of time in Cherbourg and go for a drive as well. By the time you have had something to eat and a mooch round Carrefour you have to clock watch, so thinking about a longer stay somehow.

Honestly, there is hardly any difference - nothing glaringly obvious anyway. Her funnels are slightly different but not so much to change her shape dramatically.

• Like 2

Thanks guys - be helpful. Want to spend a good amount of time in Cherbourg and go for a drive as well. By the time you have had something to eat and a mooch round Carrefour you have to clock watch, so thinking about a longer stay somehow.

A look on various hotel sites, booking.com etc a room can be had in Cherbourg for £30-40 a night

Go one day, hotel overnight back the next day.

Looks better, the funnel actually fits the space next to the lifeboats better - she still looks a little "sporty" but at the same time now looks "substantial".

Even I , a non-member of the Barfleur fan club, have to admit that she looks better than the wavy navy economie ships. Greetings.

I think it is good they have angled the blue tips a bit, the funnels would probably looked to chunky otherwise. Normandie would look better with blue funnel tips as well.

You see Khainsey? I said you would have nothing to worry about and she'd return looking good. It's about time BF made a real effort with her, your pics do her justice. Thanks for sharing.

I'll be on her 28th as well now - just booked up!! Was going to do Tuesday till I realised it was a bank holiday weekend and will need to do a few things around here. Wednesday is out, so Thursday it is.

• Like 1

Honestly, there is hardly any difference - nothing glaringly obvious anyway. Her funnels are slightly different but not so much to change her shape dramatically.

I guess the design took not addinng more windage aft in order not to add to the difficulties she has departing the Poole berth in a westerly gale.

I guess the design took not addinng more windage aft in order not to add to the difficulties she has departing the Poole berth in a westerly gale.

Absolutely... One would not want to forget ones size and the speed at which one was going Poole harbour at low tide, and snag oneself on a chain ferry for example :)