Sign in to follow this  
Khaines

Barfleur's turn for scrubbers

This might be nothing, and there is no sign of her AIS being reactivated yet, but worth mentioning. There is tug activity taking place at the entrance to Barfleur's drydock at Santander. (It's getting time for her to come out if she is going to be ready for re-entry into service in 10 days' time, so even if this one is nothing, her refloating from the dry dock must surely be in the next couple of days.)

Edit: Yes, I think this is it. A tug has entered the dock and gone down to the bow end, so the dock must be flooded.

Edited by Gareth

Out she comes.

Edit: Interestingly, she is being tended to by two small 15m tugs in being edged out of the dry dock, but there are also two other larger (28m) tugs on hand, presumably to take over. I wonder if that means she is not going to stop at the floating berth at the yard but rather be taken down the harbour. We shall see.

Edited by Gareth

No. On the lay by berth at the yard. But still.....Barfleur is afloat again. She'll probably be heading home by the weekend.

She does not have Economie livery.....😊😊😊😊

Now come, Brigitte, where did you ever get the idea from that she might?! ;)

Funnels are a bit boxy but they've angled her blue tips a bit. They have been pretty sympathetic with her. She looks great - an no economie livery!!

• Like 1

BF are working hard with designers. They've certainly tried to keep to the original shape with all three ships... I think they've done well.

I was going to say the same... definitely something about Finnjet in those funnels.

Barfleur has definitely come out best of the 3 so far with scrubbers installed.

Barfleur has now departed Santander, and is currently enroute to GIJON! Another new port for her (and a first for BF I believe).

Barfleur has now departed Santander, and is currently enroute to GIJON! Another new port for her (and a first for BF I believe).

Any idea why?

Debating going to see her arrive back home - be late evening so not sure if can get home, got to think about it, if not saturday morning.

Looks very nice !

I will be at haven on Friday night and on the 1st Poole cherbourg crossing on Saturday

as I was on the last one a few months back !

I will post some pictures to the BFE Twitter feed on Saturday !!

After the trip to Cherbourg on Tuesday, made me wonder if BF would ever reinstate Barfleur doing overnights from Poole a couple of days a week? Great that she is doing what she is at the moment, but just wondering. Be great to arrive early morning and have the whole day like used to, rather pay for a cabin overnght on her than fuss with a hotel in Cherbourg one day and go back the next. This also goes over the 24 hr stay, as you arrive lunchtime but not leave till early evening the next day. As a solo footie how would that work and what would be the best option for going back the next day?