Sign in to follow this  
spll

My Ferry Link Sold to DFDS

yes but have they buses and facility to dover to do that ??? the docks at dover are so far to the terminal its impossible and not allowed to cross on foot the harbor :), now with p&o foot passenger crossing is only at 20 euros go and back difficult to do more cheaper i think, i often go to dover like foot passenger and there is not a lot of people may be 10 persons like me

And why MFL don't do that

For the livery if they choise withe with blue letters they will not have to repaint all the ships

Edited by megamix

Hi. Sorry if already discussed, but is the Malo Seaways definitely leaving DFDS in December? Is it known if she will be used within Stena once more, or chartered to someone else?

And what a waste of blue paint!

The only official word from DFDS is that she will be "redeployed elsewhere within the route network". So, no, it's not definite. It just seems to be the consensus of opinion on here that the DFDS statement was PR for "we're getting rid of her". Speculation I guess partly fuelled by the fact that no one can think of any other DFDS routes where she would be a natural fit and that opening new routes is contrary to current DFDS DNA.

How recent is that screenshot? Does this mean Dunkerque going to 4 ships? Or maybe Malo is just going to cover during the refit season, that would make sense. Can't see 4 ships on Dunkerque working, there would be a permanent queue while ships waited for their turn to berth in Dunkerque. Must be refit cover.

I notice Calais Seaways is not asigned a route? Do you think it has any significance? If DFDS wanted to reduce capacity and secure the future of their owned tonnage then would redeploying Dover Seaways to the Calais route, Malo Seaways to Dunkirk ( for cover and then then see if needed) and Calais Seaways going elsewhere make sense? Dover Seaways would make a better match for the ex MFL ships anyway.

dfds have a lot of boats but they re are all différents now with berlioz and rodin it's better, P&o have spirit class et pride class only on the channel

Or mat ne arno is too busy for this year.... They have Just to paint funnel and red line in blue dfds and put a blue logo on each side of the ship and well done the ships are not in bad condition outside full paint job not necessary i think

I'd take those with a pinch of salt. In both cases the "estimated departure" is exactly a month to the hour after their arrival in the port.

As previously posted.

If you look at NPC, she was supposed to have left some time around last February I think! What it is is that, on arrival, the port of Dunkerque site seems to give ships entering the port an automated ETD of one month after arrival unless there is information to the contrary.

its impossible berlioz inst ready to go they have to remplace all the furnitures inside safety slides and some computer nessessary to navigaite are missing and why they spend money to take the vessels in dunkerque insted of lets them in calais for the minimal paint job they have done at this time ...

Edited by megamix

Probably a temporary issue with the local AIS receiver rather than anything else, and probably affected every other ship in the area too. All looks back to normal now.

Edited by Gareth

Just spotted that Berlioz has been moved to the shipyard. Looks on track to see the MFL ships back in service in full DFDS colours for the new year. I had been wondering if they would be ready.