Sign in to follow this  
spll

My Ferry Link Sold to DFDS

More activity in the shipyard in Dunkirk. Seven Sisters in the floating dry dock, Berlioz at the quayside and Cote des Dunes (Rodin) being moved into position.

Edited by Northy
Poor French spelling!
  • Like 1

Inconceivable that the names Rodin and Berlioz would be kept in my view. The ships need to be totally re-branded to remove any connection with the sordid events of this last summer. Interesting suggestion that the new names might be temporary, but I doubt that would be the case. What would be the purpose that would justify the expense of renaming them twice? Possible I suppose, but unlikely.

DFDS PR have confirmed the new names anyway so they are unlikely to be temporary - unless there is a further reversal of the decision to move away from the Seaways names.

Any chance of directions to the photos Danish Ferry Person? I assume it features the simpler font and logo found on some of the regional DFDS websites? There won't be so much difference to the P&O livery!

Thank you for those. The funnel design looks great. I assume it is Berlioz that has the funnel and half the hull painted? I wonder how much work will have been carried out so far. It seems odd that after weeks of just sitting there work is being carried out so urgently.

Thank you for those. The funnel design looks great. I assume it is Berlioz that has the funnel and half the hull painted? I wonder how much work will have been carried out so far. It seems odd that after weeks of just sitting there work is being carried out so urgently.

Probably sat there because of other dockings. Last I heard the pair wouldn't go into service till Feb/March.

DFDS has posted on Facebook that Côte des Dunes will enter service on 9th February and Côte des Flandres on 16th February.

Says the 6th and 19th of Feb on Twitter, can't find it in Facebook.

Edited by Northy
Noticed it says facebook specifically.

Says the 6th and 19th of Feb on Twitter, can't find it in Facebook.

Look for DFDS Seaways France. Accompanying the post is a picture of one of the ships receiving the finishing touches to new logo on the funnel.

yess all the fleet operate to calais dover seem to be register at le havre, and the others ships operate in dunkerque seem to be register at dover exept dieppe seaway

No because Seven Sisters and Cote De Alberte (wrong spelling) are registered to Dieppe.

Berlioz and Rodin are much bigger and may not be able to dock in Dieppe and can't be registered in the Quartier Maritime de Dieppe.

Ships don't need to be able to dock in their home port. Morlaix would struggle for a start!

Well Roscoff is in the Quartier Maritime of Morlaix so that's they are registered in Morlaix. All ships from Roscoff including small yachts bear the Morlaix or MX sign.