Sign in to follow this  
Crock

New Isle of Wight passenger services

Interesting. Hope this turns out to be successful for them, they look to be making a big investment with a couple of new-builds due to be introduced next year.

Agreed this is good news. Wightlink have really let down foot passengers on their Lymington to Yarmouth route over the last few years. This looks to be an interesting proposal and I suspect by departing from the town quay and making an effort to connect with trains will make it more attractive. I certainly plan to use it!

Many thanks for comments..... Should be exciting times and we are always ready and willing to take over the Hythe Route also :rolleyes:

Service from Poole would be nice....😉

Too far, would need too much investment in vessels and people. Pooleys seem to want everything!

they were planning a service, but I believe the MCA requirements were too much (basically they considered the sea off Sandown to be open sea, compared to Ryde)

Good luck to Scoot Ferries, Lets hope they are a good success!

That's a pity. Sandown could do with a shot in the arm and making its lovely beach instantly accessable from the mainland for day trips would have really helped the place. And I'd have had a good view from Whitecliff Bay as it went past! Ah well...

"Willing to take over Hythe route also" very interesting, new faces, new build boats and investment. It should not be too difficult to outmanoeuver Dads army and their "historic" pile of scrap and run a reliable service all year round with contingency. Crossing from Woolston to Hythe would just be the icing on the cake.

Good luck to you, may you prosper.