Sign in to follow this  
steveg9

LIVE: Locations of Brittany Ferries fleet

It's a bit temperamental at times. Sometimes ships pay a quick visit to the equator. It all depends on receiving signals constantly from ships at sea but sometimes those signals are disrupted. It's still a pretty good system!

A major advantage that the BF tracker has over Marine Traffic is that the ships stay in trackable range all the way across Biscay. Marine Traffic loses them for a good 10 hours of the transit of the Bay.

A major advantage that the BF tracker has over Marine Traffic is that the ships stay in trackable range all the way across Biscay. Marine Traffic loses them for a good 10 hours of the transit of the Bay.

Believe BF have pointed out before that their tracker works off GPS rather than AIS.

http://brittany-ferries.hauwell-studios.com/: last week and again today, PA is sometimes showing as stationary, then some ridiculous speed a few minutes later (78.3 knots just now!) as though the feed is intermittent. Doesn't appear to happen with the others - any ideas?

Relativity? Like in the movie Interstellar? Perhaps she's going so fast that time goes more slowly for the people on board to give them a more relaxing experience. An hour chilling on Pont-Aven on holiday is equivalent to 7 years on dry land?

• Like 1

Does any one know why I now get a completely blank fleet finder map when using both IE and Chrome on Windows 7. Both my desktop and my laptop behave in this way. They never used to. However my Windows 8.1 Surface tablet works perfectly. I do not think it is anything to do with my fire walls because turning the fire wall off does not solve the problem.

The BF / Hauwell site uses flash, which is a real pain, as it won't display on my android smart phone, whereas, the marine traffic app will, but losses the ships in biscay...

That site is fine on my iPad (converts it to google maps) which is good because you cannot download flash on the iPad, as flash is needed to get onto its own website