Sign in to follow this  
Andy

SCRUBBERS: Mont St Michel

MSM is now afloat. Came out of the dry dock today and is now alongside at the layby berth at Astanders.

I see her AIS tracker is back on too.

Is the Mont have any work done to her interer?

Probably similar to Normandie, refurbished commodore cabins, new mattresses , usb plugs,upholstered seating , carpets etc

I'm heart-broken. I hate to say it, but it looks absolutely horrible in my opinion. Not to mention all the deck space which has gone. In the looks department MSM was right up there for me with Bretagne.....now I think it's become the worst looking BF Ferry. Wasn't a huge fan of Normandie's funnel to start with, but at least they managed to make the ferry look slightly more modern which in time I have grown to like. Can't see myself ever liking MSM's scrubber design now.

MSM now well on her way up the Bay of Biscay. Seems to be taking action to reduce speed and find the right course through the waves as she approaches the continental shelf, so must be encountering some weather out there. Hope her new addition doesn't fall off! (or do I?!)

I'm heart-broken. I hate to say it, but it looks absolutely horrible in my opinion. Not to mention all the deck space which has gone. In the looks department MSM was right up there for me with Bretagne.....now I think it's become the worst looking BF Ferry. Wasn't a huge fan of Normandie's funnel to start with, but at least they managed to make the ferry look slightly more modern which in time I have grown to like. Can't see myself ever liking MSM's scrubber design now.

To be fair, you really cannot see it from the side much. Her profile remains almost exactly the same

When does the MSM enter service again

She's doing a one off Cherbourg - Portsmouth run on Friday 18th December, leaving at 14h00 arriving at 19h15; nice and easy before taking up her usual roster.

Positively untouched compared to when my beloved Viking Venturer was butchered and turned into a monster in 1986! That was heartbreak!

Butchered first, then hung, drawn and quartered.......😡

The term "fugly" comes to mind, very ugly and unattractive.