Sign in to follow this  
wortley

Roscoff hotel

We stayed overnight at the Hotel Residence des Artistes in Roscoff on 12/09/2015 while waiting for Pont Aven's Sunday morning sailing back to Plymouth, and warmly recommend it - recently refurbished, redecorated and very comfortable. We paid €85 = £63 at present day exchange rate for a good double room. And for good measure ate well at Le Surcouf in the town.

I had better add a warning to my four year old post.

Many people look to stay on a Saturday night in Roscoff while they are waiting for the civilised 0930 Sunday morning sailing home on Pont Aven - we have done it every year since I first posted in 2015, and every year the car parking situation gets worse. There is always some fete or other at this time of year with crowds in attendance, and once again the car park opposite this hotel is full to busting - cars double parked, cars on the grass, and cars on yellow lines. In the end I parked in the staff area in the hotel kitchen yard, but madame on reception wasn't too pleased. I gave her a Gallic shrug.

It's still a decent hotel but if you are coming here don't arrive at 4pm. on a Saturday afternoon in September. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It certainly does seem to be a popular car park and  parking is something I would consider when booking a hotel in Roscoff the Armen Le Trinton has parking, Mercure but I’m not sure which others do.

23 hours ago, wortley said:

I had better add a warning to my four year old post.

Many people look to stay on a Saturday night in Roscoff while they are waiting for the civilised 0930 Sunday morning sailing home on Pont Aven - we have done it every year since I first posted in 2015, and every year the car parking situation gets worse. There is always some fete or other at this time of year with crowds in attendance, and once again the car park opposite this hotel is full to busting - cars double parked, cars on the grass, and cars on yellow lines. In the end I parked in the staff area in the hotel kitchen yard, but madame on reception wasn't too pleased. I gave her a Gallic shrug.

It's still a decent hotel but if you are coming here don't arrive at 4pm. on a Saturday afternoon in September. 

I also got caught up in the festivities in Roscoff yesterday - never seen the place so busy! Even the usual backup option of parking at the SNCF station didn’t work. In the end I found a spot beside the footpath outside of le Triton. 

From memory the hotels in Roscoff that have parking are le Brittany and le Triton. The former Talabardon (now Mercure) had secure chargeable parking on the adjacent road.