Sign in to follow this  
TonyMWeaver

RESULTS: 2015 looking positive

So the question is, whether this is a one-off blip due to the parallel factors of Calaisgate and the strong pound v Euro, or whether the preference to holiday closer to home is going to be an ongoing trend. If this continues one would think that it would make sense to increase the sailing frequency at Poole. And possibly to take the route back to a two ship service, with three departures a day in each direction including overnight both ways. Seems to me that 0830, 1430 and 2230 ex-Poole and 0900, 1700 and 2230 ex-Cherbourg would make a great schedule on this route, with the overnighters arriving at 0700 local after a proper night's sleep.

Edited by Gareth

Thanks. Probably will get a mauling somewhere though - bet a few of the regulars who turn most of the stories, no matter what about, will have their say. They appear in most of the comments on most stories most days.

....And the first one has appeared - Mr A N Archist, one of the regular trollers, I was right, and he will take over that with his arguing.

Edited by Khaines

The pig ignorant do not warrant time being wasted on them. Fortunately, we can all rate both his contribution and yours....as I have just done :)
Thanks. That person I have mentioned takes over everything, he just makes very long threads with his quoting and arguing, you have to wade through all his guff to read others posts, and there is no ignore or block facility!!

Interesting, Barfleur has just come into Cherbourg onto berth 4. Wonder why she has gone there, quite unusual isn't it for her not to use berth 2?
She does go into 4 sometimes, others 2. No idea why. I wish she could berth at Cite De La Mer and customs were there too!!

She does go into 4 sometimes, others 2. No idea why. I wish she could berth at Cite De La Mer and customs were there too!!

We came back to France in mid August and she was absolutely packed on the Tuesday morning crossing.Well done BF for persisting with the old girl. She never let's you down!

When does Cotentin's charter to Stena finish? When it does BF really should put her into the shipyard and turn her into a full sistership of Armorique.

Thanks. That person I have mentioned takes over everything, he just makes very long threads with his quoting and arguing, you have to wade through all his guff to read others posts, and there is no ignore or block facility!!

I've reported this users last post. Found it a completely inappropriate thing to say and actually quite rude. I don't know what pleasure he can possibly get from making a comment like that.

He usually bangs on like some kind of Citizen Smith from the TV series, can't use the word on here to describe him - Echo just seems to let him litter most of the comment sections along with a few others in my opinion. Don.t ever know whether or not to take him seriously, but he is a pain.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/13709324.Calais_unrest_contributes_to_rise_in_Brittany_Ferries__passengers/

Good report on increased passenger numbers for her and the fleet in general.

. And possibly to take the route back to a two ship service, with three departures a day in each direction including overnight both ways. Seems to me that 0830, 1430 and 2230 ex-Poole and 0900, 1700 and 2230 ex-Cherbourg would make a great schedule on this route, with the overnighters arriving at 0700 local after a proper night's sleep.

I'm very happy with the 18:30 departure from Cherbourg thank you very much! On an entirely selfish level Barfy's current timetable suite me to a tee. Can't ever see it being a two ship service 66,000 is still not an awful lot of passengers and come the end of October she'll feel like me own personal yacht again at times. I'm just grateful the service is running again!

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/13709324.Calais_unrest_contributes_to_rise_in_Brittany_Ferries__passengers/

So the question is, whether this is a one-off blip due to the parallel factors of Calaisgate and the strong pound v Euro, or whether the preference to holiday closer to home is going to be an ongoing trend. If this continues one would think that it would make sense to increase the sailing frequency at Poole. And possibly to take the route back to a two ship service, with three departures a day in each direction including overnight both ways. Seems to me that 0830, 1430 and 2230 ex-Poole and 0900, 1700 and 2230 ex-Cherbourg would make a great schedule on this route, with the overnighters arriving at 0700 local after a proper night's sleep.

Personally I think one ship is enough with the timetable that it currently has.

I'm very happy with the 18:30 departure from Cherbourg thank you very much! On an entirely selfish level Barfy's current timetable suite me to a tee. Can't ever see it being a two ship service 66,000 is still not an awful lot of passengers and come the end of October she'll feel like me own personal yacht again at times. I'm just grateful the service is running again!

Perhaps a slight modification to her departure time from Cherbourg might be a good idea.If Barfleur left Cherbourg at 1745 she would get back to Poole at 2100 giving people more time with their onward travel.

To compensate this earlier departure from Cherbourg she could leave Poole at 08.00 helping to compensate day trippers for time lost and giving it's customers more time for their onward journey.

Personally I would prefer a slight modification the other way. 09:00 departure from Poole to give me a bit of extra to get there after leaving work!

did wonder if it would be worthwhile increasing the frequency from Poole whilst Pymouth - Roscoff is effectively closed for the winter. Barfy could run a timetable to similar to that run by Transmanche the slightly longer journey time being compensated for by Barfleurs quicker double deck loading/unloading.

Or if we are doing fantasy timetables BF could be really daring and instead of overnighting back to Poole from Cherbourg they could overnight to Plymouth on the Tuesday, do a Plymouth-Roscoff return run on the Wednesday then back to Cherbourg Thursday morning, I'd be up for a Cherbourg Plymouth trip on Barfy!

I am sure the Armorique would also be busy if Plymouth hadn't yet again become the sacrificial lamb this Autumn.... :/

Here, here. Even an old ship like the Barfleur would be better than not a single Ply-Rosc sailing from 3rd Jan to 15th March next year.