Sign in to follow this  
Lapper

Barfleur Cabins

Having recently been over on the Barfleur, I have a question about the cabin numbers. All the cabins on deck 8 start with an 8. Most of the cabins on deck 6 start with a 6 but 3 of them and all of the cabins in deck 5 start with a 0 and then the deck number, 0601, 0511 etc. Why is this? And why do those 3 cabins on deck 6 that start with a 0 not follow on with consecutive numbers from the rest of deck 6 like they all follow consecutively on deck 5.

On another, slightly different topic, what are the 2 cabins on the right of deck 8 as you walk along to the main accommodation area? One of them has the sign Armateur next to it.

Thanks!

I believe the cabins starting with 0 were intended for freight driver use. The one marked 'Armateur' is the owners cabin, many ships have them, it will be used by important visitors, high ups or additional officers. I think the other one might be the medical officer's (when carried) but I can't remember.

I always assumed the cabins were numbered like that due to when she was jumbo-sized during construction. Maybe I am wrong.

Would have thought that as it was in construction it wouldn't have disrupted any existing numbering system, but who knows!