Danish Ferry Person

DFDS SEAWAYS: News & Updates

What I would expect is her to be flagged to Dover simply for union reasons until say April time. It's much easier to change the port quickly than it is to change the flag. Flag changes take lots of planning but port changes are easierer because your not changing what laws apply when in international waters (gambling) etc... Surprised the crews haven't protested this move though. After that I would say a change to London and then a move to Baltic. She has no place on the Irish Sea anymore. She is tiny compared to Stena Europe. I would say maybe a new Harwich - Esbjerg from Stena 😂😂

What I would expect is her to be flagged to Dover simply for union reasons until say April time. It's much easier to change the port quickly than it is to change the flag. Flag changes take lots of planning but port changes are easierer because your not changing what laws apply when in international waters (gambling) etc... Surprised the crews haven't protested this move though. After that I would say a change to London and then a move to Baltic. She has no place on the Irish Sea anymore. She is tiny compared to Stena Europe. I would say maybe a new Harwich - Esbjerg from Stena

She was rumoured to be replacing Europe for Jan 2015 at Fishguard. Stena Europe's pax capacity is too high for the route although her freight lanes are less.

Malo Seaways/Stena Nordica is longer although narrower but their weight is quite similar.

Crown is off to Landskrona and Princess is laid up in Amsterdam.

DFDS Princess Seaways departed from IJmuiden to Newcastle.

According to the Dutch DFDS website:

"Dokperiode 2016 KING Seaways - 5 januari t/m 19 januari"

"Dokperiode 2016 PRINCESS Seaways - 20 januari t/m 17 februari​"

DFDS Princess Seaways departed from IJmuiden to Newcastle.

According to the Dutch DFDS website:

"Dokperiode 2016 KING Seaways - 5 januari t/m 19 januari"

"Dokperiode 2016 PRINCESS Seaways - 20 januari t/m 17 februari​"

Where do you think they will go for refit?

Did they both not spend some time in Amsterdam last year? Is there a dry dock large enough for them there or did they stay in the water? The sailing to Gdansk must cost a bit in fuel alone. I think P and O and Stena both use Keppel Velrome in Rotterdam for their Dutch ships, Zeebrugge P and O tend to go to the Tyne, good that they're putting some money into British businesses.

She's still tied to the quay in Amsterdam

Poetically, she seems to be moored at the original Tor Line berth at the Coenhaven! The very roots of the history of the DFDS operation to Ijmuiden.

King Seaways is still at the Coenhaven berth. Here's a picture of Tor Anglia sitting in that same berth in 1972. If you look at Google Earth you can see that even the building on the right is still there.

Just a provocative thought.....nothing more than that, nothing serious.....wouldn't it be great if what King Seaways is doing there is undertaking berthing trials! :)

Now that would be worth nipping up the A1m for, straight into the heart of Amsterdam.

I know that at the grand old age of 40 Tor Anglia was still busy but i can't seem to find anything after 2006? Beautiful ship and her sister too.

I know that at the grand old age of 40 Tor Anglia was still busy but i can't seem to find anything after 2006? Beautiful ship and her sister too.

Did a little digging. Seems that in September 2010 she ended up on the beach at Aliaga, only to be recused and refloated before the cutting torches got to work. Was renamed Atlas Han and used as an accommodation vessel in eastern Turkey. Last AIS position received from her was in 2012 at a peculiar location in the corner of Azganlik harbour, coordinates 36 deg 40.8N, 36 deg 12.4E. No sign of her in that location on Google Earth and the location looks like it might have been only fit for scrapping. More here: http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/photos/of/ships/shipid:282091/shipname:ATLAS%20HAN/mmsi:247350000

The precise coordinates are 36°40'52.5"N 36°12'21.0"E and she served as an accommodation ship.

She is still visible on Google Earth but sadly was reportedly broken up last year.

Indeed. The satellite imagery thing is interesting - the satellite coverage on the Apple iPad maps must come from different imagery from Google Earth; I had assumed it was the same source data. But I agree you can see her on Google. The Apple imagery must pre-date the Google imagery quite significantly because it shows the area being a bit of harbour backwater, whereas on Google the whole area has been reclaimed and you can see the former Tor Anglia plonked in the middle of dry land! Fascinating, thanks hhv.

Edit: Ok, discovered something I never knew you could do with Google Earth, that you can go back to earlier imagery. Seems that Apple does use Google Earth imagery but that it is way out of date. The picture on Apple is dated as 2008 by Google. The most recent picture, showing the ship on dry land, is dated January 2015, so if she has been broken up then it will have been within the last year.

Edited by Gareth

Crown is back to Copenhagen and did not recive a new livery but may have had the Seaways part on the hull removed. Now it's pearl's turn to head off!

If anyone has the urge to get a flight to Copenhagen tomorrow both Olso - Copenhagen ships will be in Copenhagen at the same time!

Princess Seaways has carried out her service Newcastle-IJmuiden last night.

King Seaways seems to be ready for service two days earlier than scheduled.

Since some minutes ago Princess and King chanched position in IJmuiden.

Should the King do the sailing for the Princess so that Princess goes for docking earlier than the scheduled 20th januar???

Edited by OLAU-fan