Wightlink port redevelopment & new G class

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The actual reason for the tow is because the MCA would not allow the vessel to sail from Turkey under her own power as there was no accommodation for the crew. This is obviously something which has ch

Wight Elephant?

Posted Images

On 15/08/2018 at 21:42, adicat said:

Not sure where that comment came from re exaggerate. Reports from BBC that there were delays so take it up with them, I was speaking to a "top dog" last Friday and mentioned a possible name for a second vessel. He said they already had one. Please moderate your posts.  

Don't tell me to moderate my posts. Free speech etc and you're not a moderator.

You just always seem to pick up on the negative but ignore the positive. And seem to make slightly spurious claims which cannot be verified.... E.g "I was talking to a "top dog"..." raises questions over who, or how this conversation would have come about.

Whereas something like this gets ignored...Screenshot_20180820-083724.thumb.png.d191b1f3ab73c753e450728683bf4654.png

and yes, I am aware of the start of the 2nd post you can see complaining about delays!

• Thanks 1

Victoria of Wight has gone into service as predicted..thought they have done a sterling job to turn her around so quickly hopefully her and the Clare will speed up loading with double deck link spans and traffic will no longer spill onto highways.so well done Wightlinks staff.red funnel have a new marshalling area in east cowes which has certainly reduced queue s on road .so well done to them as well 

• Thanks 1
On 17/08/2018 at 23:12, Aiden said:

also it may go into service on bank holiday monday like eagleeye said 

'Victoria of 'Wight' entered service today (Sunday). However, she only did one round trip today and is now back on the layover berth.

Edited by TonyMWeaver

Red sky at night, White Sky's alight. 

Red sky in the morning, service delay warning. 

Seriously though, it seems from the reports I've seen that thankfully no one was injured this time around. Given that it's less than a year since the last incident, and only a couple of months since the publication of the MAIB investigation, it will be interesting to see if there is any link between the two or if despite the recommendations there are still modifications required to compensate for the previous maintenance failings. Ed

• 2 weeks later...

A 'Mechanical Issue' with "Victoria of Wight" has forced a timetable change this weekend, a temporary timetable change will come into effect this weekend from Sept 7th until Sept 10th.

Victoria of Wight needs to be dry docked as crews over pressurised a tank which failed. It's currently unknown which drydock will be used but it's likely to be Falmouth.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Looks like Victoria is causing problems again today - she's just left Portsmouth (1330) with the Clare right up her backside, waiting off the hulk to get into the berth.  They are the only 2 ships running so it must be a painfully long wait if you don't manage to get on the Clare.  Not sure which ship is the running boat, but if it's the Clare, then the V of W is 90 minutes late!

• 1 month later...

Sat having a coffee today in the upstairs Camber Café. The decking outside the café has warped and lifted at the ends. Not sure If its a wood based or plastic based product but needs attention before it gets much worse.

45 minutes ago, adicat said:

Sat having a coffee today in the upstairs Camber Café. The decking outside the café has warped and lifted at the ends. Not sure If its a wood based or plastic based product but needs attention before it gets much worse.

I was there too. Didn't notice anything untoward. Where is it lifting?