News threads can only be replied to, not created.

SCRUBBERS: Armorique & Pont-Aven Pics

Sitting in the queue at Plymouth looking at the funnels. They don't seem too bad, but then again I've never seen her in the flesh before...I notice she's not currently using the scrubbers - all exhaust is coming from the central funnel.

I am also waiting in the terminal. The funnel is not as big as I thought it would be. Due to her late arrival we won't be boarding until 8:30. Can't wait to have dinner in Le Flora.

• Like 1
  • Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a good night sleep onboard. The rolling did not feel different from before. The berthing in Roscoff took ages. It seemed that PA was berthed too far from the linkspan so she was moved closer with her winches. Not the first time I've seen that with Captain Barbancon at the helm.

I have attached a picture of PA taken from the passenger terminal. The foot passenger gangway was not in use perhaps the tide was too high. We boarded via the garage.

That will be the dog walking area then.

Is it my imagination or does it look like it is no longer possible to access the helicopter deck on Deck 9 from the lift next to La Flora? Looks to me like the access from the doors leading from that lift is straight into the dog walking area? Or am I seeing it wrong?

Is it my imagination or does it look like it is no longer possible to access the helicopter deck on Deck 9 from the lift next to La Flora? Looks to me like the access from the doors leading from that lift is straight into the dog walking area? Or am I seeing it wrong?

You can still access the heli deck from the lift. There's a 2-3 gap between the wall and the dog walking area.

That will be the dog walking area then.

I don't know about other pet owners but I think that new dog walking area is a disgrace. I was on a sailing last year Roscoff- Cork where there were 42 dogs on the sailing

Both sides of deck 10 were in active use because of the number of animals on the sailing. All it takes is for some nervous animal to start barking & mayhem breaks out.

This area looks like it would hold very few dogs and there appear to be no seats- what will happen is that dog owners who have not travelled before will use deck 9 in its entirety & that is

not good for passengers without pets on a busy sailing.

The Irish crossing is only 14 hours & most of the sailing is at night. I wonder what customers on the Spanish routes that are longer will make of it.

I think they may bring in pet friendly cabins on the Pont Aven or they will surely lose customers

I don't know about other pet owners but I think that new dog walking area is a disgrace. I was on a sailing last year Roscoff- Cork where there were 42 dogs on the sailing

Both sides of deck 10 were in active use because of the number of animals on the sailing. All it takes is for some nervous animal to start barking & mayhem breaks out.

This area looks like it would hold very few dogs and there appear to be no seats- what will happen is that dog owners who have not travelled before will use deck 9 in its entirety & that is

not good for passengers without pets on a busy sailing.

The Irish crossing is only 14 hours & most of the sailing is at night. I wonder what customers on the Spanish routes that are longer will make of it.

I think they may bring in pet friendly cabins on the Pont Aven or they will surely lose customers

At least they have tried. That is a very popular area for ALL OTHER passengers too and i am sure they may have a thing or two about the noise of dogs on a sunny afternoon to spain!

• Like 1

At least they have tried. That is a very popular area for ALL OTHER passengers too and i am sure they may have a thing or two about the noise of dogs on a sunny afternoon to spain!

I agree with you thats why I think anywhere on deck 9 is not a good idea. At least on deck 10 it was segregated from other passengers and children . Some dogs owners were not abiding by the rules and putting muzzles on their pets in public areas & there is a distinct risk of some poor innocent child getting bitten. I am a dog lover but I like to think I am a responsible one & with a German Sheperd in tow he always has a muzzle on & is taken off to a quiet area if other noisy dogs start to getting him barking . Now it looks like there is nowhere to do that & means he will end up locked up for 14 hours or I will end up getting up in the middle of the night to try & give him some exercise & a toilet break

It's actually horrendous. The worst BF conversion, visually, by far. But, c'est la vie, it's not a real problem, in the general scheme of things. And like being inside a very ugly building, less of a problem when you're on board.

Various souces have quoted an 800T figure for the weight of the scrubber installation on PA. It seems very high for the equipment alone but would be understandable when considering its weight in working order i.e. with process tanks filled etc... Does it mean that the weight of the sludge water stored in the process tanks would be used in lieu or compliment of the ballast.

As I am not a marine engineer, I struggle to understand which proportion of the admissible load or the total weight of the ship it represents. My next question is how much does PA weigh?