Sign in to follow this  
Andy

SCRUBBERS: Armorique & Pont-Aven Pics

That long? They must be doing a major overhaul of the whole ship? Didn't she arrive in Poland early Devember? 3.5 months work on her.

Any idea as to what else the refurbishment entails?

Pont-Aven is having a full refit and engine overhaul. New carpets, electronic upgrades, painting etc...

Will still end up being away for less time than any of Barfleur, CF, Nornandie or MSM though. As will Armorique. All the others had 3 months.

Great pictures thank you.

It looks like she has had a paint job done already. However, she still has those nasty dents in her Port side now. Not sure either how she would have got this date being so high up and relatively far back?

Pont-Aven in drydock

What leads you to say that? (Looks to me like she has not yet moved from where she was).

Edit: Yes indeed, Marine Traffic has her in the floating dock next to Stena Spirit. The BF fleet tracker still has her at the layby berth where she has been since arrival, so that is clearly not being updated.

Edited by Gareth
  • Like 1

What leads you to say that? (Looks to me like she has not yet moved from where she was).

Edit: Yes indeed, Marine Traffic has her in the floating dock next to Stena Spirit. The BF fleet tracker still has her at the layby berth where she has been since arrival, so that is clearly not being updated.

BF Fleet Tracker? That map doesn't cover Poland.

'Armorique' has been refloated and pushed out of the drydock at the Astander Shipyard in Santander, but work continues. 'Armorique' is due back in service on March 25th. Thanks again to Jose Luis Diaz Campa for the photos.

Edited by TonyMWeaver
  • Like 2

Thanks for the photos Tony. Will they repaint her before she's finished do you know? Looks like she could use a decent touch up at least. But she's out of the dry dock much quicker than any of the others were I think, not surprising perhaps given her relative young age?

Thanks for the photos Tony. Will they repaint her before she's finished do you know? Looks like she could use a decent touch up at least. But she's out of the dry dock much quicker than any of the others were I think, not surprising perhaps given her relative young age?

I believe she's already received her repaint.

• Like 1

I believe she's already received her repaint.

Oh ok it just looked like her bow doors needed some paint work. I did think it would be odd to have come out of dry dock without a repaint. Thanks for clarifying.

On her bow windows, half way up, towards the bridge in the middle - have those white lines by the small platform always been that prominent?