Looking at that link again there is a clue that it might be an old webpage. "Name of boat" is listed as "SIRE", obviously Sirena Seaways abbreviated. And if you click into the description details, they say that the port of registry is Esbjerg and that her officers are Danish. So may well be that this was a for sale advert posted back when she was becoming surplus to requirements at DFDS. May even be as far back as when the Esbjerg route closed or when they were thinking of closing it. So my suspicion is that this link is not current and that nothing can be inferred from it about BF's intentions for BDS at all.

Edit: Just to add to that by way of example - I bought a particular yacht back in 2004 and sold it in 2009. If you google appropriately you can still find both "For Sale" listings on webpages attributed to the brokers that were used at the time. These things live on in cyberspace long long after the sale was live - in my case 12 years now! So, no, I am sure that this link regarding Sirena Seaways is many years old and is not current. It just happens to have been stumbled across in the archives. Everyone can breathe easily!

Edited by Gareth
how much is it the Italian Shipping Agent bragging to someone- Look how many ships I have on my books...

It's nothing to do with that. The page is no longer live. If you click on the link and then go to the home page of the broker, then try to find this page through their search facility, you will find it is not there. The page is defunct and no longer available on the broker's website. It's just been cached somewhere on the internet from a long time ago, nothing the broker can do about that.

• 3 weeks later...

Spanish Crossings:

I have only used BDS for crossings to Spain. When we have, we book a commodore cabin and lock ourselves away for the voyage.

I love the very expensive Balcony cabins on PA, but overall, apart from the queueing for the Restaurant bookings, CF is our overall favourite. I have chosen to avoid Etretat.

But Why is Santander the more popular choice of port?.

Bilbao for us.

TM

Spanish Crossings:

I have only used BDS for crossings to Spain. When we have, we book a commodore cabin and lock ourselves away for the voyage.

I love the very expensive Balcony cabins on PA, but overall, apart from the queueing for the Restaurant bookings, CF is our overall favourite. I have chosen to avoid Etretat.

But Why is Santander the more popular choice of port?.

Bilbao for us.

TM

Maybe because Santander caters for footies as well as vehicle owners...

1/ Zierbena is miles away from Bilbao, foot passengers must pay for a taxi ride just to reach public transport in Santurtzi.

2/ Zierbena is in the heart of an industrialised port, Santander terminal is in the heart of the city but still has excellent east & west road links.

If you're a club member, you should get an email enabling you to pre-book the restaurant on Cap Finistere and Pont-Aven.

Someone told me they have recently changed the restaurant booking procedures on the Pont in an attempt to use the time slots more efficiantly and minimise wait times, which is good.

Maybe because Santander caters for footies as well as vehicle owners...

1/ Zierbena is miles away from Bilbao, foot passengers must pay for a taxi ride just to reach public transport in Santurtzi.

2/ Zierbena is in the heart of an industrialised port, Santander terminal is in the heart of the city but still has excellent east & west road links.

Fair Comment, I never considered Footies!

If you're a club member, you should get an email enabling you to pre-book the restaurant on Cap Finistere and Pont-Aven.

Thank you.

We are Spanish an French members and never get such a thing.

Thank you.

We are Spanish an French members and never get such a thing.

There is (or at least was) a link to click on in the "Enjoy your crossing..." email which is sent out a few days before departure for Spanish crossings, for club members as well as those making inclusive holiday bookings.

You don't actually need to wait for the email to arrive before pre booking your table. You can send an e-mail to restaurant.bookings@brittanyferries.com. once you have your booking reference. Search "restaurant booking" under Help & Info, FAQs on the BF website for full details.