Sign in to follow this  
Charred_Fish

Old BF brochures and other material

Hi all,

I've been going through my files at home and am surprised at how much BF paraphernalia I have amassed over the years, including things such as the Truckline Brochure for when Barfleur very first entered service etc.

I was wondering whether members might like me to post some images that may be of interest?

Yes!! It would be great to see the schedules from the era 1990 until 1995 - especially on Plymouth Roscoff. I know the Duchesse Anne used to do a Poole-St Malo-Cork-Roscoff-Plymouth rotation from 1993 onwards but no idea how this fitted in with Quiberon and Val de Loire.

Always fascinating to see how the ferries of the time were advertised too!

Ok, I've made a start on this but it's taking a little while as lots of pages to add! So I'm not taking up valuable space on the forum, I'll be adding them to a Google Drive folder which can be found here

So far I've added the Truckline Brochure from 1991..

As some of the brochures etc have lots of pages, I'll only include those which I think will be of most interest, eg timetables and prices in the main

• Like 1

Thank you so much! These are fascinating....got some unpicking of the timetables to do to see which ships were doing what. Interestingly the basic Roscoff summer timetable is the same in 1991 as it was when Val de Loire was replaced by Pont Aven. Seems St Malo rather than Roscoff used to stop in winter. Look forward to seeing the later brochures!

• Like 1

So, I've now added the BF Brochures from 1991, 1992 (including the Cork - Roscoff supplement) and the Truckline (Poole to Cherbourg) brochure from 1993.

Scanning / uploading does take a lot of time so I'm wondering if it would be best to upload those items of particular interest first?

What I have in my collection, still to upload, is:

BF Brochures / Ferry guides from 1993 to 2000 inclusive

BF Ferry guides for 2003, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009

Various ship guides / deckplans from the mid 1990's including;

Bretagne (1993)

Bretagne (in French language)kl

Duc De Normandie (in French language)

Duc De Normandie (1991)

Val De Loire

Normandie (1992)

Duchesse Anne (in French langusge)

Quiberon (1993)

Some miscellaneous items including;

Drinks menu from the Quiberon bar

Drinks menu from the Barfleur bar

Christmas Mini Cruise to Amsterdam programme from 1994 (Val de Loire)

BF City Cruises brochure from 1994 including Rouen and Amsterdam

I'll gladly upload anything on request, otherwise I'll work through them the best I can but will take a month or so to complete them all..

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing those John. I'll have to add an 'archive' feature to the site once the main content areas have been restored (it's coming), and add some copies of my own, from the 70's and 80's. Always amazing to see how far things have come, in terms of the tonnage (and the prices of course). :)

• Like 1

'79 Brochure. The Penn ar Bed used to get around a bit during the Winter months!

Yes, this was the one-way Portsmouth-Roscoff service I referred to in a post some months ago. Thank you for finding and posting the information Guardian.

Hi all,

These were great....I appreciate they take time and effort to scan but please do keep them coming if possible - they're fascinating!

Hi again! Thank you for posting the early 90s brochures. Would love to see the 1993 94 and 95 ones. I know they take a long time to scan but even just the timetable pages would be great. Thank you to anyone who can help!