Sign in to follow this  
Gardian

Hotel Les Ambassadeurs

You know how it is when you plan a trip - sometimes you get it right, but more often than not some part of it hotel-wise simply doesn't work.

This year, for our annual Christmas & NY return to the UK, it all worked fine! On another thread I've mentioned how good the Campanile hotels were - well worth using.

However ......... a particular mention for the above hotel in St Malo. I had trawled the internet and this place seemed to meet our needs. It excelled.

I took in all the Tripadvisor comments and booked a night prior to our daytime crossing to Pompey. A sea view room was €89, which at the current rate of exchange came back as £65-ish - a steal ! Really nice room, comfortable bed, modern bathroom, superb view (albeit all we got was the last 20 mins of daylight). I was told that the high season rate is €160 - still reasonable for the quality of the place.

Breakfast is in a nice area on the ground floor overlooking the sea. Was offered a fried egg in addition to the usual offerings, but stupidly declined - doubt that it would have come with a rasher or two though! Mid price breakfast and worth taking because there are no other obvious places in the immediate vicinity.

Good place.

Stayed in that hotel after crossing from Plymouth on the Bretange last March. Paying the extra for breakfast and the sea view is a must. They sell out with every super tide as the waves hit the building.

Its impressive lying in bed and hearing the waves hit the seafront and gently shake the building. You are effectively rocked to sleep. The location of the breakfast room means you sit there with your coffee watching everyone run/walk up and down the seafront. We would stay there again!

Went to book this hotel for our stay in September and one of the nights was sold out booked the “HOTEL QUIC EN GROIGNE” instead seems decent as well.