Sign in to follow this  
djt87

Changing a Vehicle on a Booking

I have a booking to travel from Plymouth to Roscoff in March. Due to my car sadly failing it'seems MOT spectacularly and due to a series of problems I have encountered, the garage that I purchased the car from will probably be swapping the car to a different one in the next couple of weeks. This will be before I travel.

Am I able to change the registration of the car on the booking? and if so how much is this likely to cost?

If the car is of the same dimensions you can change the car reg online at no cost (unless you do it less than a week before you leave I think)? However it does cost if you call up reservations to change it.

I once rang up on the morning of my departure from home to say that I was using a different car to that declared on the booking but it was the same size. I was told just to tell them at check-in. The girl just changed the car number on the boarding document..

for a few trips, because I never really know which car/mpv we are going to take to France until we pack, I've forgotten to tell the tell check-in & when taking off the boarding card I've noticed the incorrect VRN printed on it, so I guess it doesn't really matter. I assume the only thing they look at is the dimensions of the vehicle

Is correct (5mlong x 1.83 High etc)

That's is correct - car reg changes do not attract a fee. Once, I noticed just before sailing that my wife was listed as being male. I went to the desk at Cherbourg and the smiling guy said 'sex-change operations are on le Patron' . . .

Thank you all for your help. A different car is on the way, arrivingood next week, so I've just changed the registration number online without a fee.

Thank you once again