New cowes floating bridge

On another matter, am I too old to be contributing to this part of the forum?  The description at the top of the Solent Scene page reads:

Solent Scene

A special child forum for discussions regarding Solent ferry activity, including Wightlink, the Gosport Ferry & Hovertravel.

Ed.  

Not too old at all, On BFE we are all juvenile trainspotter types. That's what the site is all about. :D

• Like 1
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quite surprised you got to the end of your post without it being suspended again 😄

Spotted laid up by the Gosport Ferry Terminal today    (Apologies for poor image quality )

Not too old at all, On BFE we are all juvenile trainspotter types. That's what the site is all about.

Posted Images

Agreed. Once the novelty has worn off the islanders will regret their decision. However, I'm sure us juvenile trainspotter types on here can suggest far more appropriate names. To kick proceedings off I'll offer: Cowes Udder Ferry.

Ed.  

• Like 1
On 28/03/2017 at 06:26, Cabin-boy said:

Solent Scene

A special child forum for discussions regarding Solent ferry activity, including Wightlink, the Gosport Ferry & Hovertravel.

Ed.  

You are indeed a special child, Ed ;) I think we'll allow you entry to this one.

1 hour ago, Cabin-boy said:

Do we get badges, like the one the Tufty Club sent me? Ed

Yes. It reads "Another thread off course, our work here is done!" ;). Let's get back to floating bridges...

24 minutes ago, Khaines said:

Great to see - will arrange an IOW day out soon to try her out.🙂

Don't come till she is in service which could be a month as they put the chain pit  in the wrong place so the work is behind 

Will be giving it a couple of months anyway.  I usually do most of my local and IOW days out during the school summer hols/half terms, as I have a sabbatical from the channel ferries because they are too busy for me then.  Money is a lot better now after several years in purgatory so I would like a nice few days out.  Have spent years sorting out money problems and days out have been few and far between.  Always liked Cowes and I like the RF ferries ( and the food in the Southampton terminal!).  An IOW trip would be nice.

Edited by Khaines
  • 3 weeks later...