eagleeye

New cowes floating bridge

Out of interest did the company who made the Cowes floating bridge also make the Bramble Bush Bay in Poole?  There are a lot of similarities.

At least it's still floating! Perhaps a longer shake down period  would have been advisable and to not have inaugurated the service in the 13th of the month. The approach angles do look wrong in the photos but I've seen worse. I remember watching a Jaguar towing a caravan try to disembark from a CalMac ferry on the west coast of Scotland (Tarbet on Loch Fyne) and the entire under-chassis structure being ripped off.  They had to being in a tractor to unload the caravan and even then used wooden blocks to reduce the angles. Ed. 

How on earth did it get into that position? Is it on rollers? All they need to do now is get another couple just like it, park them end to end and let people drive straight across. Ed.  

I think one can expect someone to lose either their job or at very least their council seat next time the elections come around. I doubt the locals will forget this fiasco in a hurry. Ed.  

2 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

I think one can expect someone to lose either their job or at very least their council seat next time the elections come around. I doubt the locals will forget this fiasco in a hurry. Ed.  

You are joking, someone lose their job?  Only if they have pay off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cabin-boy said:

Crashing into something that is not moving and hasn't done so for over a week seems like carelessness. Ed 

It has been under test I believe - it was certainly moving yesterday at 17.30, both Andy and myself saw it with our own eyes.

(We also had a much longer drive from West to East Cowes due to it not being in place)