Sign in to follow this  
Andy

RESTAURANT: A La Carte 2016 Menus

Wasn't feeling at my best last night, but managed the Plat du Jour which was an excellent Pork Filet. My wife had the starter buffet and I had the dessert buffet, both of which seemed to be considerably better stocked than at any time last year. Maybe just unlucky last year. My favourite meal, though, remains available from the self service. A generous plate of smoked salmon, a plate of (10) large prawns and mayonnaise, and a creme brûlée or raspberry tart - all for about £10. Top value, top presentation and top taste.

Edited by rogerpatenall
Forgot to mention the raspberry tart - how could I?

Incidentally, these menus are only samples aren't they? Certainly listed as "samples" on the BF websites.

BF alternate between two menus on a weekly basis during the summer season. Unfortunately during the winter, the same menu has been on since october. A bit boring when you travel regularly.

.Not sure the main restaurant does frites though does it? Never seen them on the menu in there.

You can ask for them and may well be lucky. My mum didn't like garlic and would ask for frites as an alternative if Dauphinoise potatoes were set to accompany her chosen dish and she was never refused. I suppose it was just a matter of one of the kitchen staff popping through the back to the self service side to fulfil the order, but good customer service on their part.

The steak came with frites in the main restaurant on Bretagne yesterday lunchtime. Quite a regular thing on all ships, they have those mini chip baskets to serve them in. Always available with the children's meals, too, so just ask, as Angel says.

Wasn't feeling at my best last night, but managed the Plat du Jour which was an excellent Pork Filet.

Agreed, had that for lunch on Normandie a couple of weeks ago. It arrived so quickly, it must have been pre-cooked/re-heated, bit still perfect, very moist and tender. How do they do that? Pork fillet is so lean, it is difficult to cook properly in the best of circumstances.

Good stuff, looking forward to sampling - still on the old menus on Bretagne this week. I do hope that scallops appear this year, though. And I wonder why they haven't publicised this in an email to club members?