Sign in to follow this  
elCercado

BRETAGNE: Commodore Lounge

Was travelling with family this week, so we treated ourselves to a daytime Commodore cabin on Bretagne. I showed my companions the Commodore lounge, we were alone in there. It's a forgotten facility, it seems, not least by BF. Not advertised, and could do with a little wash and brush up (particularly the ceiling tiles). My party weren't particularly concerned about providing refreshments in there (after all, they're provided in the actual cabins), but suggested more could be made of it - a library, games (Scrabble, etc), newspapers, for example.

Was travelling with family this week, so we treated ourselves to a daytime Commodore cabin on Bretagne. I showed my companions the Commodore lounge, we were alone in there. It's a forgotten facility, it seems, not least by BF. Not advertised, and could do with a little wash and brush up (particularly the ceiling tiles). My party weren't particularly concerned about providing refreshments in there (after all, they're provided in the actual cabins), but suggested more could be made of it - a library, games (Scrabble, etc), newspapers, for example.

A description, that amply reflects the Commodore Lounge on the Pont Aven,

Certainly feels like a forgotten space. How was the cabin? Hopefully clean and tidy. We are hoping to travel on Bretagne soon- in a few weeks....

The cabin was fine in all respects. It made quite an impression on my companions.

It was back in 2016 when I used it to do some work while my wife and girls slept in the cabin during our day crossing. I haven't been in since then and suspect that I may have been the last person to set foot in there. Don't forget your smoking jacket, pipe and slippers! Ed. 

6 minutes ago, jamess said:

Hi,

I am travelling back on Bretagne on Saturday.  Is this facility still in use?

Thanks,

James

Yes, the Commodore Lounge is still available on the Bretagne. Pictured here in June 2019.

Bretagne - Commodore Lounge.jpg

Just now, Andy said:

Yes, the Commodore Lounge is still available on the Bretagne.

Bretagne - Commodore Lounge.jpg

Oh, it's been done up I think. The gas lamps have certainly been replaced. Ed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

You`ll be pretty certain to be the only ones in there, although the door doesnt seem to be always locked as it should, so you might have to share with interlopers from steerage, chancing their arm. It has lots of windows for those on the outside to look in, so if you`re into exhibitionism this is where its at 😜

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, hf_uk said:

Where is that on the ship Andy?

Deck 9 aft, opposite Games Planet. The Commodore Lounge is named 'Le Circle des Voyageurs'.

Screenshot 2019-09-10 at 14.30.29.png

Last month I had a commodore cabin on a day crossing for the first time ever. Once I'd finished inspecting all the cabin amenities, I checked out the lounge. There was a tray of croissants and some orange juice available as well as the tea and coffee if you wanted a late breakfast. I didn't stay long because, as Paully said, it is very public with everyone walking around outside and looking in. Much preferred the privacy of the cabin!

1 hour ago, Andy said:

Deck 9 aft, opposite Games Planet. The Commodore Lounge is named 'Le Circle des Voyageurs'.

Screenshot 2019-09-10 at 14.30.29.png

Cheers Andy.

Some of us can only dream of affording access to such luxuries ;-)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

Oh, it's been done up I think. The gas lamps have certainly been replaced. Ed. 

Thanks for the photos....will pay a visit :)

Anyone any idea as to how full Saturdays northbound sailing will be?

Sometimes I plan far, far in advance and book a ferry crossing a whole 3 or 4 weeks ahead, but even then the posh cabins always seem to be gone. 

13 minutes ago, wortley said:

Sometimes I plan far, far in advance and book a ferry crossing a whole 3 or 4 weeks ahead, but even then the posh cabins always seem to be gone. 

although they often seem to have some posh cabins left, at `a price ` , at the desk on arrival on board....Must get loads of cancellations I presume.