Sign in to follow this  
almosthere

Dock strikes, Le Havre and Cherbourg

Anyone got any inside info on the strike and its effects with regard to repositioning of ships?

We're sailing Cherbourg - Poole on 30/4, and although BF are not showing any announcements about problems on that date, I'm wandering what's likely to happen.

I don't think re-positioning is an issue. When sailings are affected by the strikes, BF are cancelling round trips so the ships remain in the right place for resumption of service.

I don't think re-positioning is an issue. When sailings are affected by the strikes, BF are cancelling round trips so the ships remain in the right place for resumption of service.

Yeh, I know you're right basically, but I'm half remembering that blockade (of MSM?) at Caen, freed by vigilentes and then sailed to Cherbourg? Or something like that.:o

It is very rare for a strike to be on either a Monday (at least let people get to work before making their lives a misery) or Friday (primarily as a lot of military personel are heading home for the weekend and would be less than happy if they could not do so). They normally never strike at weekends as the impact is reduced. So that leaves Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. And we have two this week, today and Thursday, for good measure. Ed.