Allocation of cabin numbers if booking with Eurocamp

Going to Eurocamp via BF, but BF booking made via Eurocampp website. Does anyoneknow if Eurocamp allocate cabins on their booking or is this only done/known when boarding?

My cabin is a two berth - I hope they don't use the ones beneath cabin on a late June sailing!?

I assume your crossing is Portsmouth St. Malo, as the ship on this route (Bretagne) is the only one with lower deck cabins (below the car decks) The advantage of the lower deck 2 berths is they are generally better in poor weather, were refreshed and have a tv. The 2berth cabins on decks 6and 8 do not have a tv.

I would give BRittany Ferries a ring and check what has been assigned by them and if there is any possibility of a change if required.

If you are travelling on any other service, all cabins are above the waterline.

Welcome to the forum... Let us know what happens!

Edited by Skipcool3

Thanks - yes it is via Bretagne . Can't say I fancy below car deck cabins - psychological fear I suppose! I would have thought that they would only allocate these if everything else was totally full, and hopefully Eurocamp passengers don't get any secondary treatment as the cost of the cabin is the same as if booking with BF direct.

A lot of people prefer them, but like you, I don't like them particularly. A friend that is in the BF frequent traveller scheme is often assigned one of these lower deck cabins as part of their benefits. As earlier posted, give BF a ring and check. If you have confirmation from Eurocamp that should be sufficient. If the cabin number starts 1 or 2 then it is below the vehicle deck, if it starts 6 or 8 then it isn't.

Ship. Guide and cabin plan for the Bretagne here

http://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/media/pdf/o/i/Bretagne_Ship_Guide_20-11-15.pdf

I don't like the idea either! We've always booked outside cabins on the Bretagne, especially after my mum was sick once on the Duc de Normandie.

From experience, Eurocamp never tell you your cabin number until you arrive at check-in, but I believe they are given a cluster of cabins in the same area to offer their customers.

Furthermore, did you know only 4 of the 127 2-berth inside cabins feature below the vehicle decks? I was really bored looking at the deckplans one day. So fear not, it is very likely you will be above deck.

Eurocamp have no allocations, it is just a regular BF booking with a usual BF booking booking reference, albeit at preferential ITX rates. Ring Eurocamp for the ferry reference and try speaking to BF direct with that information, if the cabin needs changing.

Yeah, well the gangway at Harwich is something i had a chat about with the chief purses on the Stena hollandica in december. I was a footie then and had to carry my luggage up from the lower car deck. I understand that the gangway collapsed, but surely it should have been reconstructed by now.

The Chief Purser said it was nothing to do with Stena when I complained, but a matter fro Harwich port - but surely they pay for facilities at the port?

If you ask me they aren't going to bother with the gangway. it will have been out of service for nearly a year soon.

Anyway thnaks for all the advice on the Eurocamp booking and cabin.

Eurocamp have no allocations, it is just a regular BF booking with a usual BF booking booking reference, albeit at preferential ITX rates. Ring Eurocamp for the ferry reference and try speaking to BF direct with that information, if the cabin needs changing.

Oh, I thought it was. My bad. I thought so as we have always had cabins in the same area when booking through them.

You should just book your whole holiday with BF the next time and avoid all the hassle and would probably be cheaper too.

Doubt it would be cheaper. Just booked a eurocamp holiday including crossings myself and it came in much much cheaper than the BF equivalent. I'm basically getting a free weeks accommodation compared to the BF price. Used Eurocamp last year and found the same, although not with BF but on P and O North Sea Routes. Was no problem to call the eurocamp office up and upgrade my cabin 2 days before sailing so if you're stuck do that. They were very helpful.