Andy

Irish Ferries Announce Newbuild for UK/Ireland/France

On 29/11/2017 at 22:56, jonno said:

I agree with Ed, probably a welding screen, White to act as an ARC reflector.

Or they could be setting up the Christmas panto for the workers kids like Ford in Halewood used to do in the'70's.

I suppose it depends what's on the other side but could it be a support while the ship is on dry land before she goes into the water.

Nothing to do with protection from  welding or a angle grinders  , they have cut an opening in the hull for worker access  . The same was done on the previous builds but without the screen .

You get the impression from the CCTV that they are pressing on with it.  The bow ramp has now been installed but the vessel awaits the outer doors.  I guess they need to get the construction hall cleared so as to be able to start Honfleur in February.

28 minutes ago, Hawser Trunnion said:

You get the impression from the CCTV that they are pressing on with it.  The bow ramp has now been installed but the vessel awaits the outer doors.  I guess they need to get the construction hall cleared so as to be able to start Honfleur in February.

Bow doors being fitted .

So if all goes to plan the WB Yeats will be floated out on Friday, just over 4 months to the day since work started on her in the construction hall. Looking forward to following Honfleur’s progress....:D

Chris

7CFC4B86-1CEF-4F73-90CF-0EC865950131.png

• Like 2

She has her name on the side now & the painting is nearly finished so looks like Friday will be Ok. Impressive what they have achieved in 4 months

1 hour ago, Solo said:

Surprised so much of the paint job is done with so much work still to be done on the superstructure.

The super structure is being built at another yard.

it must be  quiet well fitted out for the boat to be delivered in may.

On 20/01/2018 at 14:29, jamie said:

The first part of the superstructure has arrived.

http://31.209.185.102/view/viewer_index.shtml?id=407778

wonder where it’s been built.

As far as I’m aware the superstructure, cabins and public spaces are being assembled in Poland. The webcam today was showing the funnel as well so she’s going to change dramatically any day soon.

Chris

• Like 1

Is anyone aware if the sections built in Gdansk have had the cabins pre-installed?

I noticed in the text that even though the front accomodation and bridge were raised to day, most of the bridge fittings are already in place.

This is top stuff lads, thanks for posting it.