Sailing on her for the first time a week on Thursday, first time on Portsmouth/Caen for about 30 years ( last sailing on Duc de Normandie )....just a day return, well day/night actually - out on the 14:45 from Portsmouth to Caen on the Thursday afternoon, back on the 23:00 same day from Caen....same cabin in both directions - I don't suppose they will let me stay onboard? Originally when I saw the times I thought great, won't have to hang around in the terminal for long but now I realise that actually the timings are rather tight with a minimum 1 hour check-in.

Useless fact of the day: this is the 10th thread in the forum entitled simply "Mont St Michel"!

​Cant beat a generic title, adds to the suspense of what the thread is about whilst it loads. Mont St Michel restaurant opening hours would be far too boring as I wouldn't need to wait for it to load to know what its about! haha

The food selection will depend on how busy the sailing is. If it is very quiet, they won't put on the buffet, there'll be a bistro menu of starters, mains and desserts.s That's not very likely, though, during summer. the next possibility is buffet plus mains (with options to have just the starter & dessert buffets, or starter buffet + main, or main + dessert buffet, as well as the full 4 courses). Finally, you may get the full menu, with buffet and chef-prepared starters & desserts, which will be very similar to Pont-Aven or Bretagne evening sailings. It's almost always very good, the quality is identical to Bretagne/Pont-Aven, it's just the choices which differ.