Sign in to follow this  
kenw

Sister ship for Harmony = more work for STX

Not sure if a full order book at St Nazaire has implications for any BF future plans – IIRC the yard does (or did) have a smaller building dock that might be usable for a PA-size ship, but can't remember the dimensions.

BTW am I alone in thinking HotS is a monstrosity?

Ken

When the Oasis was in Southampton someone said then that they were going to build three more Oasis class ships, Harmony I presume being the first, so that equals two more. So if they are building three more that either makes four since Oasis, or three more on top of that.

I wouldn't say the Harmony is a monstrosity exactly, having got up rather close to her a few weeks ago, she is definitely a monster, a collosal vessel. I don't think she is ugly, but most cruise ships seem to follow the same look nowadays, except maybe smaller.

Good news for STX just wish we could build ships in the Uk!

Last decent sized ferry built on the Clyde was Pride of York? Unless I'm wrong things are moving in the right direction on the Clyde again hopefully we could see a Bretagne or Pont Aven sized ferry built there before too long although cruise ships seem al lot longer of if ever.