Sign in to follow this  
wortley

The new world

I wonder if BREXIT votes had spent 20mins of time listening to the rational points raised by the Liverpool professor if they would have still voted for it?

We live in a country where three out of four did not vote for the Conservative party and only 17 million registered voters from a population of around 68 million voted BREXIT. Time will tell.

Only 42 million were entitled to vote and of that number only 73% (approx) did vote

Could it be that if you turned round the country you could see was being crushed by a greater evil than jumping off that cliff?

Why did so many jump? What were the causes?

II certainly see things coming up the hill although I suspect not the same things as you see.

I see the the EDL, I see the BNP, I see the FN in France, I see the Law and Justice party in Poland and I see Golden Dawn in Greece among others. All invited to run up the hill by the man in charge of the fruit cake stool erected well behind them. This really worries me

Then I would like to be in a federal Europe so I expect we probably disagree about most things European that might be on the hillside.

• Like 3

Could it be that if you turned round the country you could see was being crushed by a greater evil than jumping off that cliff?

Why did so many jump? What were the causes?

II certainly see things coming up the hill although I suspect not the same things as you see.

I see the the EDL, I see the BNP, I see the FN in France, I see the Law and Justice party in Poland and I see Golden Dawn in Greece among others. All invited to run up the hill by the man in charge of the fruit cake stool erected well behind them. This really worries me

Then I would like to be in a federal Europe so I expect we probably disagree about most things European that might be on the hillside.

• Like 3

I think that the Brexit camp do not think about what the outcome of their"victory"will be.

Isolation of almost half of the vote.

A chance for racism to develop.

They do not care about the outcome all they care about is putting their isolation ideas into practice.

We'll see how this works out but I'm sure it will not work out as they think.

Let's hope the country has another chance to think again.

When only about 25per cent of the total population has voted for something that is irreversable should it be allowed to happen without a revote?

Brexit don't want a revote because they know that their lies and exaggerations will be exposed and the electorate will see sense and vote to remain in the EU.

• Like 4

I think that the Brexit camp do not think about what the outcome of their"victory"will be.

Isolation of almost half of the vote.

A chance for racism to develop.

They do not care about the outcome all they care about is putting their isolation ideas into practice.

We'll see how this works out but I'm sure it will not work out as they think.

Let's hope the country has another chance to think again.

When only about 25per cent of the total population has voted for something that is irreversable should it be allowed to happen without a revote?

Brexit don't want a revote because they know that their lies and exaggerations will be exposed and the electorate will see sense and vote to remain in the EU.

• Like 4

Yes you're right.I put the wrong word in the wrong place.

Brexit have really wound me up so much, that I can't write English!!

However if there was a revote there blinkered opinions would be exposed more forcefully I think.

Let's hope!

Edited by imprimerie
  • Like 4

Yes you're right.I put the wrong word in the wrong place.

Brexit have really wound me up so much, that I can't write English!!

However if there was a revote there blinkered opinions would be exposed more forcefully I think.

Let's hope!

Edited by imprimerie
  • Like 4

My thoughts summed up.

Brexit have given him(Farage) and his extreme right wing friends a chance that they would not have had before.

Brexit has given Farage and his gang the publicity they wanted so much.

Now there is an absence of contact between Brexit moderates(nearest word I can get to non UKIP Brexiteers) and those who were more extreme.They used him for what they wanted and know they've ditched him!

I'd put them all in the same boat and call it Untrustworthy.

Let's have a real referendum not the farce that the UK has just had.

Edited by imprimerie
  • Like 3

My thoughts summed up.

Brexit have given him(Farage) and his extreme right wing friends a chance that they would not have had before.

Brexit has given Farage and his gang the publicity they wanted so much.

Now there is an absence of contact between Brexit moderates(nearest word I can get to non UKIP Brexiteers) and those who were more extreme.They used him for what they wanted and know they've ditched him!

I'd put them all in the same boat and call it Untrustworthy.

Let's have a real referendum not the farce that the UK has just had.

Edited by imprimerie
  • Like 3

The public who wanted to vote did so ... and the democratic result was to leave the EU. It's not right to demand a re-vote just because you don't agree with the outcome.

The public who wanted to vote did so ... and the democratic result was to leave the EU. It's not right to demand a re-vote just because you don't agree with the outcome.

If it appears that the Leave campaign was composed of lies and misleadings that it seems is the case, then yes - a revote or an overturning of the result should be the case. Or just overturn the result and not have a revote. We need to work WITH the EU, and there is no way it will work under Brexit the way it is.
  • Like 2

If it appears that the Leave campaign was composed of lies and misleadings that it seems is the case, then yes - a revote or an overturning of the result should be the case. Or just overturn the result and not have a revote. We need to work WITH the EU, and there is no way it will work under Brexit the way it is.
  • Like 2

The outcome in a referendum has to be clear.

A general election is had every five years.A referendum is a one off and has to have a larger margin for change to justify the result.

• Like 3

A general election is had every five years.A referendum is a one off and has to have a larger margin for change to justify the result.

• Like 3

Is that a legal requirement or is that what the "Remain" voters are saying?

Seems a common sense idea with the outcome having such a long lasting effect.

• Like 1

• Like 1

Common sense is not a legal answer to a democratic referendum - with a heads or tails vote the difference would always be close so how many referendums do you think you have to have?

Common sense is not a legal answer to a democratic referendum - with a heads or tails vote the difference would always be close so how many referendums do you think you have to have?