Sign in to follow this  
wortley

The new world

Everything you need to know about the Daily Mail

Company that owns Daily Mail is registered in Bermuda. Viscount Rothermere himself is a non dom tax exile.

• Like 3

Everything you need to know about the Daily Mail

Company that owns Daily Mail is registered in Bermuda. Viscount Rothermere himself is a non dom tax exile.

• Like 3

There is always another point of view:

http://moneyweek.com/the-uks-potential-new-trade-agreements/

I don't think many people believe that we won't make any new trade deals Manxscorpio. I'm not suprised in the slightest other countries want to make deals, it's in their interests to do so. The problem is we will probably be trying to make them while we're on our knees. You're not going to make good deals for GB if the people you're dealing with think you're up the creek without a paddle. That is, unfortunatly, exactly the position we'll be in.

• Like 2

There is always another point of view:

http://moneyweek.com/the-uks-potential-new-trade-agreements/

I don't think many people believe that we won't make any new trade deals Manxscorpio. I'm not suprised in the slightest other countries want to make deals, it's in their interests to do so. The problem is we will probably be trying to make them while we're on our knees. You're not going to make good deals for GB if the people you're dealing with think you're up the creek without a paddle. That is, unfortunatly, exactly the position we'll be in.

• Like 2

I have read so many views in or out, here and elsewhere. I started as a leave and ended as a fervant stayer. Not through any of the absolute rubbish put in the papers or spoken in the campaigns ( I have to say though, I think whatever is put in the Daily Mail is rubbish made up by reporters based on little fact). My decision came from thinking about the consequences of going and then of staying and for me the balance was heavily on stay. Not just for me. I worry about the younger generation and the shrinking of their opportunities because no matter what people say the next few years will be tough as exit and deals all take time and that means jobs will get scarce

• Like 2

I have read so many views in or out, here and elsewhere. I started as a leave and ended as a fervant stayer. Not through any of the absolute rubbish put in the papers or spoken in the campaigns ( I have to say though, I think whatever is put in the Daily Mail is rubbish made up by reporters based on little fact). My decision came from thinking about the consequences of going and then of staying and for me the balance was heavily on stay. Not just for me. I worry about the younger generation and the shrinking of their opportunities because no matter what people say the next few years will be tough as exit and deals all take time and that means jobs will get scarce

• Like 2

The consequences of the UK withdrawing from Europe are enormous.

What amazes me is that the Britexiteers are not worried about these potentially disastrous consequences.

They just wanted out whatever the consequences.

One day they are going to wake up,and realise that they have to pick up the pieces.If any of their leaders are still around to do it!

What is going to be the eventual outcome?

It might take a long time and this referendum might be legally contested or and pass through parliament before the famous article 50 can be adopted.

Edited by imprimerie
  • Like 1

The consequences of the UK withdrawing from Europe are enormous.

What amazes me is that the Britexiteers are not worried about these potentially disastrous consequences.

One day they are going to wake up,and realise that they have to pick up the pieces.If any of their leaders are still around to do it!

What is going to be the eventual outcome?

It might take a long time and this referendum might be legally contested or and pass through parliament before the famous article 50 can be adopted.

Edited by imprimerie
  • Like 1

Cameron, a very weak PM, Bois an opportunist and Farage, as you say, just wanted out regardles of the consequences. Unfortunately they all came to prominance at the same time. Even more unfortunately they won't be the one's to suffer.

• Like 1

Cameron, a very weak PM, Bois an opportunist and Farage, as you say, just wanted out regardles of the consequences. Unfortunately they all came to prominance at the same time. Even more unfortunately they won't be the one's to suffer.

• Like 1

There do seem to be a lot of pessimists out there who actually don't believe the UK is capable of creating new ventures. I personally believe the UK is more than capable of riding this storm and once again setting an example to the rest of Europe. Of course these early days will be difficult with many unknowns but a defeatist attitude and mentality is of no help to getting over these hurdles. I have more faith in the "doers" rather than the "glass half empty" brigade. This was a democratic vote by a majority of those individuals allowed to vote from all walks of life and political preferences who chose to support brexit for many different reasons and god save the Queen.

There do seem to be a lot of pessimists out there who actually don't believe the UK is capable of creating new ventures. I personally believe the UK is more than capable of riding this storm and once again setting an example to the rest of Europe. Of course these early days will be difficult with many unknowns but a defeatist attitude and mentality is of no help to getting over these hurdles. I have more faith in the "doers" rather than the "glass half empty" brigade. This was a democratic vote by a majority of those individuals allowed to vote from all walks of life and political preferences who chose to support brexit for many different reasons and god save the Queen.

There do seem to be a lot of pessimists out there who actually don't believe the UK is capable of creating new ventures.

The pessimists may be in a minority of those who voted but they are also the one's who listened to the advise of the almost universal majority of experts. So not really surprising there are pessimists about.

• Like 1

There do seem to be a lot of pessimists out there who actually don't believe the UK is capable of creating new ventures.

The pessimists may be in a minority of those who voted but they are also the one's who listened to the advise of the almost universal majority of experts. So not really surprising there are pessimists about.

• Like 1

Yes a democratic vote that Britexit manipulated with their lies and deceit.

There was not enough of a majority to justify such change.

We'll see what happens and I hope that the blinkered Britexiteers will realise that they can't force nearly half of the voters to do something that they don't want.

We'll have to wait and see!

Edited by imprimerie
  • Like 3

Yes a democratic vote that Britexit manipulated with their lies and deceit.

There was not enough of a majority to justify such change.

We'll see what happens and I hope that the blinkered Britexiteers will realise that they can't force nearly half of the voters to do something that they don't want.

We'll have to wait and see!

Edited by imprimerie
  • Like 3

Its not a matter of being defeatist or not when you're stating facts and I don't really have much faith in any of the politicians who could be in charge of this country to "ride out the storm " or make new deals and I have no idea what thee Queen has to do with the economic stability of this country.

• Like 2

Its not a matter of being defeatist or not when you're stating facts and I don't really have much faith in any of the politicians who could be in charge of this country to "ride out the storm " or make new deals and I have no idea what thee Queen has to do with the economic stability of this country.

• Like 2

Its not a matter of being defeatist or not when you're stating facts and I don't really have much faith in any of the politicians who could be in charge of this country to "ride out the storm " or make new deals.

Exactly Neil, it's no use telling everybody "you shouldn't be pessimistic". You actually have tell them some reason why they shouldn't be pessimistic. I already think that the common sense of the brexiteers is non existant just as the brexiteers probably think the same of the remainers. It's not a brexiteer I need to tell me to be optimistic, I've no faith in their judgement, what I and many more need is a credible remainer to say it.

Edited by G4rth
  • Like 1

Its not a matter of being defeatist or not when you're stating facts and I don't really have much faith in any of the politicians who could be in charge of this country to "ride out the storm " or make new deals.

Exactly Neil, it's no use telling everybody "you shouldn't be pessimistic". You actually have tell them some reason why they shouldn't be pessimistic. I already think that the common sense of the brexiteers is non existant just as the brexiteers probably think the same of the remainers. It's not a brexiteer I need to tell me to be optimistic, I've no faith in their judgement, what I and many more need is a credible remainer to say it.

Edited by G4rth
  • Like 1

Just been thinking about the title of this thread.

Perhaps it should be called "The old world"

Sorry I seemed to have posted this twice and I don't know how to cancel.

Perhaps it will have a double effect!

Edited by imprimerie
  • Like 1

Just been thinking about the title of this thread.

Perhaps it should be called "The old world"

Sorry I seemed to have posted this twice and I don't know how to cancel.

Perhaps it will have a double effect!

Edited by imprimerie
  • Like 1