Sign in to follow this  
wortley

The new world

But this is great for tourism.. think of all those Americans and Europeans now benefiting on the exchange rates coming to UK to spend their cash in UK shops.....;)

Aren't these the same people that the brexit camp have spent the last three months saying they're nasty foreigners and not welcome here. I bet they can't wait to get here and spend their money.

• Like 1

But this is great for tourism.. think of all those Americans and Europeans now benefiting on the exchange rates coming to UK to spend their cash in UK shops.....;)

Aren't these the same people that the brexit camp have spent the last three months saying they're nasty foreigners and not welcome here. I bet they can't wait to get here and spend their money.

• Like 1

You're a wind up Ms!

What you say is not stimulating this thread.It doesn't do anything for Britexiters or for the future.

Alienating 50per cent of the population from the rest is a recipe for disaster.

It seems to be stimulating a few responses.... !! actually it was approx 48% but if the vote had gone the other way with the same percentage upsetting 50% of the population would that not also also be a recipe for disaster... ? I can see you are very upset with the result of the referendum... but it's over now... things will get better....

You're a wind up Ms!

What you say is not stimulating this thread.It doesn't do anything for Britexiters or for the future.

Alienating 50per cent of the population from the rest is a recipe for disaster.

It seems to be stimulating a few responses.... !! actually it was approx 48% but if the vote had gone the other way with the same percentage upsetting 50% of the population would that not also also be a recipe for disaster... ? I can see you are very upset with the result of the referendum... but it's over now... things will get better....

I haven't heard that...? tourism will be a bonus for the economy more Europeans will be able to holiday in UK for much less cost.... dont you think?

I haven't heard that...? tourism will be a bonus for the economy more Europeans will be able to holiday in UK for much less cost.... dont you think?

I haven't heard that...?

Perhaps you've not been listening as closely as I have or just not had the television or radio on.

tourism will be a bonus for the economy more Europeans will be able to holiday in UK for much less cost.... dont you think?

As I've said before, I'm a pessimist so I think they'll end up paying more for everything they want to buy because most of it will either be imported or transported using fuel whose price is linked to the price of the dollar.

• Like 2

I haven't heard that...?

Perhaps you've not been listening as closely as I have or just not had the television or radio on.

tourism will be a bonus for the economy more Europeans will be able to holiday in UK for much less cost.... dont you think?

As I've said before, I'm a pessimist so I think they'll end up paying more for everything they want to buy because most of it will either be imported or transported using fuel whose price is linked to the price of the dollar.

• Like 2

No - I have honestly....but I haven't heard anything about "nasty foreigners not being welcome" - who actual said that? Probably some stupid member of the public perhaps?

Try being a bit more optimistic... its better for the blood pressure..:rolleyes:

No - I have honestly....but I haven't heard anything about "nasty foreigners not being welcome" - who actual said that? Probably some stupid member of the public perhaps?

Try being a bit more optimistic... its better for the blood pressure..:rolleyes:

Thank you for your concern but you really have no need to worry, my blood pressure is fine at the moment but who knows what it will be in a couple of minutes time, it might be zero, but if it is I won't worry about it and neither should you. With regard to being "more optimistic" I feel one does need some sort of plan or sign that someone in authority has at least a vague clue what their doing. I fear none of the post referendum statistics released so far point to any reason for optimism

• Like 1

Thank you for your concern but you really have no need to worry, my blood pressure is fine at the moment but who knows what it will be in a couple of minutes time, it might be zero, but if it is I won't worry about it and neither should you. With regard to being "more optimistic" I feel one does need some sort of plan or sign that someone in authority has at least a vague clue what their doing. I fear none of the post referendum statistics released so far point to any reason for optimism

• Like 1

I am glad to hear it.... it is still very early days... patience and wait to see the next stage.... ;)

I am glad to hear it.... it is still very early days... patience and wait to see the next stage.... ;)

You haven't heard that!

Didn't you see the poster that one of your leaders,Nigel Farage,was bandying about,showing thousands of immigrants and suggesting that they would be coming to the UK if we remained in Europe.Do you support this type of scaremongery?

Britain needs to be an active member in Europe to avoid extremism.

It is this membership that has brought the UK peace and stability for many years.

• Like 2

You haven't heard that!

Didn't you see the poster that one of your leaders,Nigel Farage,was bandying about,showing thousands of immigrants and suggesting that they would be coming to the UK if we remained in Europe.Do you support this type of scaremongery?

It is this membership that has brought the UK peace and stability for many years.

• Like 2

That is if they, or anyone else in the world will want to come and visit the toilet bowl this country will become. Brexiters crow all you want, the architects of it had beggared off after stirring up the biggest pot of the brown stuff going, and they will be going to a life of comfort no matter what they have left their fellow countrymen to deal with. Cowards. And I bet Gove will be out on his ear to, who wants that treacherous twit in the Cabinet now. He will do one off his own back hopefully.
  • Like 2

That is if they, or anyone else in the world will want to come and visit the toilet bowl this country will become. Brexiters crow all you want, the architects of it had beggared off after stirring up the biggest pot of the brown stuff going, and they will be going to a life of comfort no matter what they have left their fellow countrymen to deal with. Cowards. And I bet Gove will be out on his ear to, who wants that treacherous twit in the Cabinet now. He will do one off his own back hopefully.
  • Like 2

You haven't heard that!

Can I first make the point that I think quite a number of people who voted out were not fans of Nigel Farage and were instead more inclined to listen to Boris Johnson and his supporters. I don't know which camp Manxscorpio falls into but I doubt he feels Mr. Farage was his 'leader'.

Secondly that poster is no worse than we have seen in other elections portraying the potential risks. Every culture needs a 'baddie', someone to vilify, and normally during a political campaign it is the opposition. In a referendum that doesn't work and so you have to find something else (an idea not an ideology) and in this case it is migrants. It might be distasteful and exaggerate the immediate risk but it gets the message across and that was its aim. If the photo had been inverted with a closed UK border post photoshopped in behind the line of people, suggesting they were being turned away, it would have had less impact but would have also caused anger from aid agencies for suggesting a lack of compassion.

Thirdly we might avoid extremism by being part of Europe as they are perfectly capable of that themselves (far right parties are much more active on the continent - the BNP has disappeared as far as I can see - while we prefer debate to violence). There is however the risk of more extremists arriving by staying in the EU which will then lead to political extremism.

And finally the UK's peace and stability has far more to do with our NATO membership, and the fact that most of our European partners are also members or allied to NATO, rather than just being in the EU. And don't forget it was Britain's resistance to fascism that has resulted in the fact that European nations can today live in peace. We helped stabilise the continent 70 years ago and the rest of Europe sometimes forget that contribution I feel. Ed

Edited by Cabin-boy

You haven't heard that!

Can I first make the point that I think quite a number of people who voted out were not fans of Nigel Farage and were instead more inclined to listen to Boris Johnson and his supporters. I don't know which camp Manxscorpio falls into but I doubt he feels Mr. Farage was his 'leader'.

Secondly that poster is no worse than we have seen in other elections portraying the potential risks. Every culture needs a 'baddie', someone to vilify, and normally during a political campaign it is the opposition. In a referendum that doesn't work and so you have to find something else (an idea not an ideology) and in this case it is migrants. It might be distasteful and exaggerate the immediate risk but it gets the message across and that was its aim. If the photo had been inverted with a closed UK border post photoshopped in behind the line of people, suggesting they were being turned away, it would have had less impact but would have also caused anger from aid agencies for suggesting a lack of compassion.

Thirdly we might avoid extremism by being part of Europe as they are perfectly capable of that themselves (far right parties are much more active on the continent - the BNP has disappeared as far as I can see - while we prefer debate to violence). There is however the risk of more extremists arriving by staying in the EU which will then lead to political extremism.

And finally the UK's peace and stability has far more to do with our NATO membership, and the fact that most of our European partners are also members or allied to NATO, rather than just being in the EU. And don't forget it was Britain's resistance to fascism that has resulted in the fact that European nations can today live in peace. We helped stabilise the continent 70 years ago and the rest of Europe sometimes forget that contribution I feel. Ed

Edited by Cabin-boy

The Brexit camp used Nigel Farage to con the public by scaremongery to achieve their victory.It's no good now saying that he had nothing to do with us.He did and contributed to the Brexit victory.

70 years is a long time ago.The globe was pink all over and the UK with it's colonies ruled the waves .

Those days are gone and our inclusion in the European Union gives us peace,stability and a say in the running of our nearest market.

• Like 1

The Brexit camp used Nigel Farage to con the public by scaremongery to achieve their victory.It's no good now saying that he had nothing to do with us.He did and contributed to the Brexit victory.

70 years is a long time ago.The globe was pink all over and the UK with it's colonies ruled the waves .

Those days are gone and our inclusion in the European Union gives us peace,stability and a say in the running of our nearest market.

• Like 1

The Brexit camp used Nigel Farage to con the public by scaremongery to achieve their victory. It’s no good now saying that he had nothing to do with us. He did and contributed to the Brexit victory.

Exactly imprimerie. The brexit campaign consisted almost entirely of "trust us" and "European immigrants cause all our problems". European immigrants were blamed for lack of jobs ( although unemployment is at one of the lowest levels it's ever been), lack of housing ( no mention of the fact that we haven't built enough houses for years ) and even immigrants are responsible for traffic jams on the M4.

A persecuted minority, large areas of the country feel they have no hope and now we have added a failing economy to the mix. Sound familiar?

• Like 1